YS-90 Auto - Camera Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peebee

Registered
Reaction score
I have a YS-90 Auto, and will probably soon be buying a new camera. I'm considering a Canon G7. Will I be able to use the TTL? Do I need to buy the Ikelight housing to do so? Any recommendations for other cameras?

I've been kicking myself a bit ever since buying the YS-90 Auto to use with my old Canon ELPH -- the "auto" strobe didn't work all that well with a fully automatic camera.... I'd like to get select a new camera & housing which will work a little better with the strobe I've got.....

EDIT: I should clarify, my old camera did not have manual aperature adjustment, it was auto only -- maybe that's all I was missing?

Hi -

I have just upgraded my system, but I was using a G7 with a YS-90 previously. TTL is not available using either the Canon or Ikelite housing to that strobe, I don't think - you have to use manual synchonization, slaved from the camera. It was easy enough to set up, though.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom