Question YS-01 Solis blinking red light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know what a blinking red light indicates on the YS-01 Solis? I checked the manual and I could not find any discussion of the ready light blinking. I saw some discussion of an error state on the YS-03, but I don't know if this is the same thing.

Background
I have YS-01 and a YS-01 Solis, triggered by an Olympus FL-EM3 strobe inside the housing.

I recently switched to manual from TTL. I suspect this increased the frequency of firing (since I wasn't waiting for my trigger flash to charge). On a recent trip I noticed something new, after some 40 or 50 exposures, typically on the second dive, the ready light would start blinking red, and the strobe would stop firing. It was OK (temporarily) if I power cycled it, and ok (for a while) after replacing the batteries. I checked the batteries and they were all between 1.19 and 1.21 v, which doesn't seem that low, especially for eneloops. The eneloops are a few years old but (FWIW) my nitecore charger still says they are in good shape (I mainly charge them with the panasonic slow charger, but the nitecore has more diagnostics, and charges them to about same voltage, 1.45v or so).

Wondering if you ever resolved this?... I have a ys-01 solis that started doing the blinking red light thing last week on a trip. It was working fine, and I suddenly stopped, all before my first dive. I am pretty sure the blinking red light is circuit protection mode. I also own a ys-d2j that did something similar. On that model, there is a sequence of dial changes that if done in the right order will reset the ys-d2j. Worked like a charm

I was hoping for a similar sequence on the ys-01 but have not been able to find it. Backscatter is giving me the standard 'send it in for service' response.

I did not resolve it. It seems to go away for me when changing batteries, even though I'm cycling between the same 2 or 3 sets of eneloops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom