You're stuck on a Desert Island.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
You are stuck on a desert island..... You find washed up on the sand a Set of Scuba-pro Jet fins and a set of OMS Slip Stream fins. You know that in the distance there is a near by island perhaps 1 mile away. On this island is food, water, and nice place to sleep. Knowing that the task at hand could be daunting, Which fins would you choose to get out there?..... (Note: 1. You have to choose one or the other pair of fins.... You will not be allowed to survive trip without any fins 2. water conditions are perfect.. No white caps perfectly calm sea. 3. Again, No other fin options.)

Well, I can swim a mile without fins. It'd just take me longer. Regardless, I'd use the JetFins so I could get there and take a nice nap.

I'd take the Jets, epsecially if they are XXL's - make nice buckets for collecting water, fruit and other supplies while on land, but great swimming fins to get there. And if attacked by some ferocious jungle animal ... well you get the idea :wink:

Enjoy your swim ...

The ones that fit me best, but actually in this situation the ones that float the best help too.

The Jet fins are to negative, I would use a crawl stroke and easily swim the mile much faster than wearing heavy fins. N

Slip Streams, they come out of the same mold as the jets but are much lighter. Wont give you the same power out of your kick but will be a big improvement over just your feet and will be much less tiring than heavy jets.

Your stuck on a Desert Island.....

How did my stuck get on a desert island? That's not where I left it.

Hands down - Jets. A mile with Jets is an incredibly easy swim.

Lets see...exactly the same shape but less weight. I'll take the slippers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom