Your personal NCL Ambassador

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Eagle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just noticed this Club section so I thought I would say hi. I am a Dive-In instructor on M/S Norwegian Wind cruise ship. We do cruises all over the Western Caribbean. Our current itinerary is Miami, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel, Miami. I can be your official Norwegian Cruise Lines Ambassador. If anyone has any questions about cruising with NCL or these ports of call...just ask and I will do my best to help you out. Bon Voyage!

NatureDiver:
I just noticed this Club section so I thought I would say hi. I am a Dive-In instructor on M/S Norwegian Wind cruise ship. We do cruises all over the Western Caribbean. Our current itinerary is Miami, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel, Miami. I can be your official Norwegian Cruise Lines Ambassador. If anyone has any questions about cruising with NCL or these ports of call...just ask and I will do my best to help you out. Bon Voyage![/QUOTE

Feb 28th. What dive ops do you use and whats the cost of diving all four place's

I dove with you guys off the Sun on the same itinerary a couple years ago. Do you still offer the ship sponsored dive in Belize with Aqua Dives? That was one of the roughest boat rides I have ever been on. You ought to warn your divers that they will be spending two hours crossing open ocean to get to some pretty mediocre diving.

I'll have to get back to you on the operators we use and the sites. I'll look over the list and post it later today. Busy busy. :)

Sorry the reply took so long, I've been getting settled in on the ship. I will respond now. To answer the first question, we offer scuba in Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Cozumel. The Wind used to use Aqua Divers in Belize but dropped them because they did not meet NCL's standards. I wasn't here but I'm told by everyone that was here that the operation actually left a diver in the water at a site and realized it afterwards and went back for them. The Wind dropped them after that, not sure if NCL dropped them completely so I don't know about the Sun. The costs depends on the dives you do. We use Red Sail Watersports in Grand Cayman, Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan, and I'll have to double check on Cozumel. We offer Reef Shark dives, Grand Cayman wall dives for deeper or advanced divers, and Stingray City dives. We also offer a dive in Cozumel called Captain's Choice. I'm not sure sure of the operator but it is called Captain's Choice because the captain chooses the dive site at the time of the excursion. If anyone has any questions about any excursions, diving or not diving, let me know because I work in the Shore Excursions Dept. onboard and can get details about any excursion the Wind offers. Also if you're coming onboard sometime soon and you just want to meet for drinks, let me know! :) The Wind will be relocating in April to Vancouver and then Hawaii so I'll have all new excursions to talk about. Sorry again for the delay. Bye for now!

NatureDiver:
Sorry the reply took so long, I've been getting settled in on the ship. I will respond now. To answer the first question, we offer scuba in Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Cozumel. The Wind used to use Aqua Divers in Belize but dropped them because they did not meet NCL's standards. I wasn't here but I'm told by everyone that was here that the operation actually left a diver in the water at a site and realized it afterwards and went back for them. The Wind dropped them after that, not sure if NCL dropped them completely so I don't know about the Sun. The costs depends on the dives you do. We use Red Sail Watersports in Grand Cayman, Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan, and I'll have to double check on Cozumel. We offer Reef Shark dives, Grand Cayman wall dives for deeper or advanced divers, and Stingray City dives. We also offer a dive in Cozumel called Captain's Choice. I'm not sure sure of the operator but it is called Captain's Choice because the captain chooses the dive site at the time of the excursion. If anyone has any questions about any excursions, diving or not diving, let me know because I work in the Shore Excursions Dept. onboard and can get details about any excursion the Wind offers. Also if you're coming onboard sometime soon and you just want to meet for drinks, let me know! :) The Wind will be relocating in April to Vancouver and then Hawaii so I'll have all new excursions to talk about. Sorry again for the delay. Bye for now!

Thanks for the info. We will be with you Feb 28th and it looks like we will have to book our own dive in Belize, is it possible to do stingray city and a deep dive ?. May take you up on the drink, depends who is buying.
David

cdiver2:
Thanks for the info. We will be with you Feb 28th and it looks like we will have to book our own dive in Belize, is it possible to do stingray city and a deep dive ?. May take you up on the drink, depends who is buying.
David

Yes, we offer a Stingray City/Northwall dive that goes down to 100 feet. I'll buy. :) We are about to start using Hugh Parkey's dive center in Belize so look into that place..it's got some great dives. See you soon!

NatureDiver:
Yes, we offer a Stingray City/Northwall dive that goes down to 100 feet. I'll buy. :) We are about to start using Hugh Parkey's dive center in Belize so look into that place..it's got some great dives. See you soon!
Do you think you will have Hugh Parkeys's going by the 28th ?. If so we will book on the boat. Never let it be said I turned down a free drink.
David

cdiver2:
Do you think you will have Hugh Parkeys's going by the 28th ?. If so we will book on the boat. Never let it be said I turned down a free drink.
David

I'll have to get back to you on that. This past week, the lead diver and Shore Excursion manager went on a dive with them to test it out and they absolutely loved the operation and the dives. It's a definite that we're going to use them but right now, the prices and other arrangements are being discussed. There's a decent chance it will be arranged by then but I don't want to make you wait until the last minute to get it set up. I'll let you know when I know something more about it. Until then, I'll get the contact info from the office and post it here. Later..:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom