Your opions on Apeks TX40 regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joanna05

Registered
Reaction score
We live in Darlington, Co.Durham England, UK
I have just passed my PADI OW and am looking to buy my own gear, I have been looking at Apeks TX40 regulator and would appreciate any advice. The majority of time I will be diving in cold water, (Northern England, what can I say) so I need a regulator that can cope with this kind of temp.

Welcome to the wonderful world of diving.

After 12 years of diving with Posiedon regs (Cyklon 5000) I have just changed to Apex (DS4 first stage with TX50 primary and TX40 backup). I have only managed a couple of dives with them and so far I am very impressed. The only real difference between the TX50 and the TX40 is a knob on the TX50 for adjusting the cracking resistance and to be honest I don't think you really need this.

I think when bought as a package the TX40 (or 50) comes with a DST first stage which has a turret and has one non standard size MP port (1/2 inch instead of 3/8).

I haven't done enough with them yet to be able to recommend them but if you look around at some of the UK forums you will see they consistently get high praise.

You will enjoy this reg as mentioned it has the environmental seal and heat sink which make it a great cold water reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom