Your opinion...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedadepths

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
These are some photos taken in aruba on my school vacation in mid April. They were taken with a Sony DSC-W7, and its sony housing. My strobe did not arrive in time for this trip, so they were taken strobeless... Be brutal.
DSC02411_edited.jpg

DSC02305_edited.jpg

DSC02491_edited.jpg

DSC02476_edited.jpg

DSC02450_edited.jpg

DSC02570_edited.jpg

Thanks
Max

uh oh, you have caught the bug....

i'm not a professional but since you asked for a critique, here is my opinion - your colors seem to be on the poor side, makes it a bit bleak but based on the composition some of your pictures would greatly benefit if you bring more color. below is what i think about some of them.
#6 - the fish is out of focus. actually 2/3 of the left part is somewhat out of focus. it's hard to see what exactly you want to convey. also, the fish reflected too much light, so it's hard to concentrate on it. the background on itsown does not hold too much attention.
#5 - i like the colors a lot but the "out of focusness" and very slight bleaching of the middle blue object makes it hard to concentrate. i'd love to see the intricate design of that blue thing. was it your goal to make is a bit blurry?
#4 - what's your main subject: the fish or the "tubes"? tome, the tubes are awesome by themself, the fish only distract; however, if you want us to watch the fish, then the tubes compete with it way to much. the very top of the middle tube is a bit bleached, i would photoshop it.
#1 - i really like the whole thing. almost perfect. i think had you changed the angle it would improve it.
#3 - ok. the lighting is not even.
#2 - nice shot, but uneven focus of the background shifts my attention away from the middle foldy thing

Thanks guys!
Mikhail Frenkel- thanks for your advice. I would agree the colors arent perfect, and i am hoping that the introduction of the strobe will help with that. Thanks again.
Max

Back
Top Bottom