Your favorite SCUBA"Gadgets"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnorkelLA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, what are your favorite SCUBA trinkets that make diving easier, more convenient or more fun? I've been looking for some things to add to my arsenal of "stuff" I put on my BCD. Currently, I have 2 lights, a slate, a reel, backup buddy line, spare air, spare mask, spare mouthpieces (not sure why I carry them while diving) and zipties.

So, what are your favorite SCUBA trinkets that make diving easier, more convenient or more fun? I've been looking for some things to add to my arsenal of "stuff" I put on my BCD. Currently, I have 2 lights, a slate, a reel, backup buddy line, spare air, spare mask, spare mouthpieces (not sure why I carry them while diving) and zipties.

Interesting... I spend a lot of time trying to reduce the amount of stuff! If I'm diving in warm water with a DM, I'll go pretty much barebones- just a whistle and a line cutter because they are threaded onto my harness strap anyway. In cold water, I'll bring a small light, SMB, finger spool, and if I'm looking for scallops, a knife and a bag.

Interesting... I spend a lot of time trying to reduce the amount of stuff! If I'm diving in warm water with a DM, I'll go pretty much barebones- just a whistle and a line cutter because they are threaded onto my harness strap anyway. In cold water, I'll bring a small light, SMB, finger spool, and if I'm looking for scallops, a knife and a bag.
Ditto, but things like Miflex hose(s), octo/inflator [OW], moldable mouth piece, swivel 1st stage, hoseless computer, bungee wrist mounts, slap-strap.........

Well, the reason I carry so much stuff is that I frequently penetrate wrecks, so you never know when you'll need anything

Ditto, but things like Miflex hose(s), octo/inflator [OW], moldable mouth piece, swivel 1st stage, hoseless computer, bungee wrist mounts, slap-strap.........

Oh I forgot about the moldable mouthpiece- I do love mine!

Less is more, nothing like a nice, streamlined rig!

Not sure I would want one buddy line, let alone two. One light if you aren't cave or night diving should be fine. Spare mouthpieces? More than one? So you can replace them at depth? I think that you can leave those on the boat, or at home.

Spare air? Lots of threads about THAT, no need to start another one.

On the other hand, an SMB and a spool is advisable. You don't mention even one cutting tool, I have two (trauma shears and a Trilobite). I also take a strobe to hang on the anchor line in low vis, and I recently got a Nautilus GPS radio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom