Your favorite mouthpiece?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I feel like I am the only one, but I am not crazy about my Sea Cure mouth piece. The sides come up too high and bother my gums.

Is there another one that is recommended? I don't need a moldable one. Just something that will be comfortable for 20+ dives a week on vacation.

Thanks!

The sea cure can be trimmed to help avoid that. It all personal preference though. I hate the ones that have the piece that goes on the roof of your mouth. I have also found I tend to bite through the soft ones. I just stick with seacure, but trim them for a perfect fit.

I love the aqualung comfo-bite mouthpiece. It does have the 'roof of your mouth' piece, but I think that's what I like best. I don't have to use my jaw to hold it in place, it rests against my hard palate and is held in by the upper front teeth... Zero jaw fatigue. It's all personal preference though... Get several kinds and try them out.

Aqua Lung Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece

I will second JamesK regarding the Seacure mouth piece... My only issue is I trimmed it down a bit more in the rear for OOA situations. My wife dives with me alot and since I pass my primary reg if this situation was to ever happen, I trimmed it down so she could comfortably use it as well...

Something to think about when using unique mouth pieces and passing the primary reg...!

lee

Back
Top Bottom