Your favorite GoPro "mount"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wondering what everyone hooking their GoPros up to.
I was planning on picking up a UK Pro (8" dive stick) for $25 to replace my DIY gopro mount since my current mount requires 2 handed operation.
Does anyone else dive with some sort of "pole mount?" How are they?

James,
That's honestly the only tray that I've seen that seems to be worth the $100 price tag. I think I'm going to try to make a DIY version of one using gorilla pod legs :)

I don't think it would be hard to DIY something really similar. You will just need the appropriate adapter(s) for the lights you chose.

I don't think it would be hard to DIY something really similar. You will just need the appropriate adapter(s) for the lights you chose.

Thanks James, those shouldn't be too difficult to find. I was thinking about using a bike handle mount (for the body of the lights) epoxied onto the handles.

I use one of these: Underwater Kinetics POV POV Black Pak lighting system

It's a one-handed, telescoping system with small decent light and handy carry case. Not perfect, but not bad either. My biggest gripe is that I wish the light were brighter.

Good choice! A buddy of mine dives with one of those, and the captain of the boat we usually charter has one that he loans us to record the dives for him...in exchange for a free air fill!

I heard that the new Go Pro now offers a wrist mount. It would seem that this is perfect for divers.

They've had that for a while. The downside of it is that it positions the camerar perpedicular to your arm, so unless you keep your arm bent 90° it's going to be looking to the side.

The $7 tripod mount is the most underrated GoPro accessory out there. Pick up a couple of those and some 1/4-20 screws and start making your own mounts.

Back
Top Bottom