You ever accidently hit some keys on your keyboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Dee ten-T as well as PEBKAC errors abound on today's modern PCs and Laptops. Viral removal and Spyware eradication programs are USELESS in light of the evil engenuity of these kind of errors. Just give up and learn how to use a pencil! :D

fairybasslet:
and then your computer starts doing weird things. I hit some combination and now, whenever I try to type the apostrophe, I get some search thing that I cannot get out of and the apostrophe will not type. When I try to click on a red x there to close it, it disappears from the bottom of my screen.:confused:
Are you using a notebook computer?
Notebook computers often have a limited keyboard- i.e., they do not have the little numeral section to the right, so if you press certain key combinations simultaneously, it can change the way certain keys work. For example, on my Dell notebook, in the lower left corner by the "Ctrl" key is a key with "Fn" printed in blue (Fn stands for Function, I believe). If I hit the "Fn" key in combination with certain other keys with blue print, it changes my keyboard over into a different function. To change back, you just need to figure out what combination you struck and repeat the act to return to normal function. I hope this is the case and that all this makes sense. Then again, it could be some virus or something like that, as Charlie99 suggested.
Good luck.

DiverBry:
it could be an interface problem between the keyboard and the chair... I see that a lot
:lol:
Good one.

Scaruba:
Are you using a notebook computer?
Notebook computers often have a limited keyboard- i.e., they do not have the little numeral section to the right, so if you press certain key combinations simultaneously, it can change the way certain keys work. For example, on my Dell notebook, in the lower left corner by the "Ctrl" key is a key with "Fn" printed in blue (Fn stands for Function, I believe). If I hit the "Fn" key in combination with certain other keys with blue print, it changes my keyboard over into a different function. To change back, you just need to figure out what combination you struck and repeat the act to return to normal function. I hope this is the case and that all this makes sense. Then again, it could be some virus or something like that, as Charlie99 suggested.
Good luck.
Yes, I have a Dell notebook. And you're right. I must have hit the control and the FN and some blue key somewhere. Don't know which one. This same thing happened on another site yesterday. Yep. I had to reboot. And I wasn't even PWI.

NetDoc:
I Dee ten-T as well as PEBKAC errors abound on today's modern PCs and Laptops. Viral removal and Spyware eradication programs are USELESS in light of the evil engenuity of these kind of errors. Just give up and learn how to use a pencil! :D

NetDoc:
Somehow Land Locked... I still don't think they got it! :D

I-D-10-T, (idiot) or PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair)

Yep, some of us get it... :wink:

NetDoc:
Somehow Land Locked... I still don't think they got it! :D
You're right Net Doc. I didn't get the idiot joke. Glad to see you're your usual charming self. :mooner:

NetDoc:
Point taken. Was going to go red this week but think I'll join the rest of the idiots on Zen Diving. See ya. :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom