http://www.diveheart.org/

You can help Protect Our Reefs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

My name is Caitlin, and I'm here representing the Protect Our Reefs program. Some of you may already be familiar with it (especially you Floridians)!

Protect Our Reefs is a program that raises money for coral reef research, education, and conservation through the sale of Protect Our Reefs specialty license plates in Florida.

Funds from the sale of the plate support Mote Marine Laboratory's coral reef research throughout the state of Florida. In addition to Mote's programs, the revenue also supports grants available to other Florida-based non-profit organizations for reef-specific projects designed to protect and restore reefs and educate the public about their importance in the environment. Since its inception, more than 62 projects have been funded through the Protect Our Reefs grants program adding up to more than $1.6 million in support for these projects. When matching funds are included, more than $3 million in projects have been launched!

And, aside from all the wonderful projects that the plate funds, it's also the only license plate with a dive flag!

I noticed that a few years back there were some posts about divers supporting the license plate, and that really put a smile on my face. :)

If you have any questions about the plate I'd be more than happy to answer them. I look forward to getting to know everyone, and to anyone that has a Protect Our Reefs license plate on their car now - THANK YOU!!!

Caitlin

P.S. I know that unfortunately if you don't live in Florida you can't get the license plate. However, you can always support Mote's coral reef research and conservation by visiting mote.org/donate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom