You Are Never To Old To Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Brooks
Could you give me some more info on this movie SCUBA. I am a bit of a collector and would love to add this to my Lloyd Bridges collection. On another note, we also dive with ambassador divers while in Cayman. Jason and his crew have always been great.

Welcome from another long-time diver (1961) and AARP member! It's great to see that you and your wife continue to dive as a team... what a nice relationship! Congrats.

I always wonder how much longer I'll be able to dive, so your comments are really good to hear.

I once buddied up with a guy about 80 on a dive trip. He was slow and deliberate, and a total joy to dive with. I'm 61 now and started diving in 1962. I'm hoping, barring any unforeseen illness or accident, that I'll still be diving well into my 70's and beyond.

Thanks for your post.

I'm 60 now and at the rate I'm going, I'll be 72 by the time I get my Tech 1 card. I don't see any reason not to try, though.

My father is 70 and we dive together a couple times a year. Whats really nice is my son is 21 and we make it a three generation outing. Its a great way to go do something in a beautiful place with people you love.

Welcome from another long-time diver (1961) and AARP member! It's great to see that you and your wife continue to dive as a team... what a nice relationship! Congrats.

Ditto drbill; even the AARP part. We were part of the "no BC, no SPG, no computer, round face mask, and double hose reg. days". I've been at it since '57; I'm 64 (65 in Feb.) dive my local quarry and Great Lakes regularly,and am heading for the cenotes in Mex. for my 65th B-day. Ain't Life a Beach?!:D

Attachments

• Life is a Beach 3.jpg
    Life is a Beach 3.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 36
I started diving in 1981, the first time I went to Cayman Brac was 1989. We dove there with another couple from Texas who then was in their 60's, now they are still diving and they are in their 80's. This gives us all great hope for future diving.

Last week we certified a 68 year diver from Japan, he was totally happy. 2 years ago a 74 year old American, who came back last year and is still diving as much as he can, but my favorite story is a British couple that I met on one of our trips to Tobago. Both being way in the 70's and so in love with diving and each other. Holding hands and challenging every dive. They even came with us on the spot "divers dream" a dive spot for hard core divers, heavy currents and loads of sharks. Awesome. You're right, I am in my 40's right now and still hope to be diving 20 years from now.

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom