You Are Never To Old To Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brooks Fleig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
YOU ARE NEVER TO OLD TO DIVE

My wife and I have been diving 42years, starting in Mexico in 1965 and on to the Caribbean, Haiti, The Netherlands Antilles, Greece, Central America, Turkey, the Pacific, Gulf of Mexico etc etc. On our 44th weeding anniversary we did the Blue Hold in Belize. The last time in the Caymans Islands in 2007.

In 1972 I produced a film “SCUBA” with Lloyd Bridges and Lamar Boren, you all know Bridges from Sea Hunt and other movies. Lamar did the underwater on Thunderball, Day of the Dolphin, and many other well known films and TV shows.

Some of the film was shot in the Caymans Islands and the diving there has always been by favorite.

I am 73 and my wife is in her 60’s and diving for us has been a live time adventure. When we were first in Grand Cayman we dove with Bob Soto. The last 4 times in Grand Cayman we were diving with Jason Washington of AMBASSADOR DIVERS http://www.ambassadordivers.com/index.html.

At our age we need a dive master that will appreciate and anticipate our needs. We have found Jason Washington to have a professional attitude and his attention to detail put us at ease and made the diving safe and a pleasure.

Welcome to the board and hang in there!

I think that's FANTASTIC!!! I can only hope the same will be true for me too!

Congratulations!!

You are my hero! I hope to still be diving, heck I hope to still be wandering around the big blue marble at your age, many are not. If I ever find myself on GC, I'll be sure to look up Jason.

Amazing! Fantastic you are still diving and enjoying it so much. You should write about your dives over the years and the changes you have seen!

That's great to hear. My dad, 70-years-old, is getting certified OW this month and he can hardly wait to take a trip from Colorado to dive down here...

Thanks for all the interest and good words. I just posted a photo taken on Bob Soto's boat in the caymans in 1968, let me know if you get the photo. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom