Yonaguni, Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjenkins52

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone dove the pyramid off the coast of Yonaguni? If so, let me know about your experience there. I will be traveling to the area in a couple of months.

It's not a pyramid. Depending on whom you ask, it's either a quarry for stone slabs or a natural phenomenon. I was there in 98 and 2000. The island is known for the hammerheads which swing by during winter, and the deep sea fishing (marlin). There's a golf course there too. Dive shops are Aratake San's and the Yonaguni Dive Center (they have the bigger dive boat but speak no english). I believe that Rick Ruth is now there too (He use to run Fathoms Dive in Okinawa) and is your best bet if you don't speak fluent japanese.
Diving there is pretty boring if you don't do the monument sites and the hammer head (blue water) dives.

Back
Top Bottom