Yolk to DIN conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djahugen

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going for a diving holliday next summer. The resort I go to has Sherwood 5000 K valves on their tanks, my regulator is fitted with a DIN 300 Bar connection.

Any one know if I can adjust the valve to fit my DIN or do I need to buy an adapter?

Kind regards,
DJ

I too use DIN's on all my First stages.

For Holidays away from home
What I did was go and purchase the Yoke fitting for the First Stage, as oppose to the adapters, they stick into your head and leak like dogs, plus they are only rated to 200 BAR.

The Yoke kit for most First stages costs around $40-$60 and you can swap them over with an Allan key and a wrench

is that you really "kinda need" the cut-down socket to properly put on (or take off!) a Yoke connector.

Just buy one from Peterbuilt; you can cut one down yourself if you want, but its easier to just buy the socket.... that and a 3/8" extension is all you need to "do it right", and you can then swap in minutes.

(Yes, you can usually get them off or on with a crescent wrench, but you risk marring up the yoke, and that's not cool. Do it right with the right tools - including a torque wrench.)

Get the din-to-yoke adapter.

It's inexpensive, less hassle, your din connection stays in place and if the resort is using K valves, they will only be 200 bar. No need to worry about high pressure. And if you keep your o-rings in good shape, the won't leak either.

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
I too use DIN's on all my First stages.

For Holidays away from home
What I did was go and purchase the Yoke fitting for the First Stage, as oppose to the adapters, they stick into your head and leak like dogs, plus they are only rated to 200 BAR.

The Yoke kit for most First stages costs around $40-$60 and you can swap them over with an Allan key and a wrench
Your right about the adapter sticking out to far. I have one and wish I'd gotten the Yoke fitting instead.

Anyone know a place to get a Yoke fitting for a Apeks DS4?

I picked up a new Apeks DIN kit for my DS4, a few months ago for around $30, and paid my LDS to install it. I also have a DIN/YOKE adapter for when I use yoke valves. Haven't had any problems with the adapter hitting my head (but what do I know:( ).

To my big surprise my reg came with both Yoke and 300 Bar DIN fittings. Normally I keep DIN in, but before I fly to some warm destination, I take DIN off and put Yoke in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom