Yoke version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are there Yoke versions of Tecline 2st stages?
Especially R5 Tec or V2 Mono models?

I want to get one, but in Japan there are no DIN tanks only yoke. And using din2yoke adapter is not something I am fan of....

My understanding is that these regulators only come in DIN for 2 reasons:

1. These regs are geared towards the tech-diving sector which favors a DIN 1st stage over yoke (rather exclusively)
2. The regs you are asking about are rated for 300 bar, which is above the pressure that a yoke fitting is rated for. While a 300 bar 1st stage can be used on HP or lower rated valves/tanks, a yoke is not safe/suitable for HP setups.

Unfortunately, If the plan is for these reg to be used on non-DIN tanks valves one would need a screw on yoke adapter for the 1st stage.

Hope that helps.

-Z

Well, not really! At least there is V2 Yoke version for sure!

It is from official Tecline Malaysia Facebook page. I also saw V2 Mono on single tank with your valves on some other pictures.

Attachments

• tec01.jpg
    tec01.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 139
  • tc2.jpg
    tc2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 133
Regulator rating is different thing. Yoke and DIN are interchangeable... Most regs like Spro, Atomic, Apeks can be used both Yoke and Din. I used to have Spro MK25 in Yoke, but later for extra 45USD bought a DIN convertion kit and just changed the connection type with a couple on wrenches and hex drivers.

The same with Apeks. My buddy uses yoke for rec/fun diving, but then going tech just change it to DIN connector in less then 10 mins.

Ok.

I refer you to post 2 above...it answers your question in post 1 and explains why you can't seem to find what your looking for.

Good luck in your search.

-Z

Last edited:
Tecline Malaysia has them in stock, as they say: V2Mono Yoke Edition.
So as a PRODUCT there is Tecline 1st stages in Yoke. Now just need to figure out how to get it shipped to Japan :)

I think Yoke is not sold widely cuz Tecline is mainly popular in Europe, where DIN tanks are widely used. In Asia I saw DIN tanks only in special tech shops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom