Yoke to din conversion possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt England

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just curious if yoke to din conversion is possible/ cost effective vs just buying new din 1st stages. I'm wanting to buy a steel 100 in the future, and would prefer din, but my current tank is an al80 with standard yoke valve. Also, can you just swap out tank valves, or no? Tia.

I asked Chris about this around a year ago and, unless I misunderstood him, you can not convert a Signature reg from yolk to din. I was in the same situation where I was looking at a used SS100 din that had the wrong size threads to be swapped out to a yolk (sorry, don’t remember exact details, may have been a Genesis tank?) when I called D6. Now, I will admit, anytime I call them on my cell the connection is poor, at best, so I may have missed something.

Erik

I asked Chris about this around a year ago and, unless I misunderstood him, you can not convert a Signature reg from yolk to din.

I spoke with Bert earlier this summer, and he said that it could be done, but that they didn't currently have the parts in stock. I'm in the same boat and want to convert my signature 1st stage from yoke to DIN as well. Hopefully someone from Deep6 will reply shortly.

I spoke with Bert earlier this summer, and he said that it could be done, but that they didn't currently have the parts in stock. I'm in the same boat and want to convert my signature 1st stage from yoke to DIN as well. Hopefully someone from Deep6 will reply shortly.

I just did it last week. Exchanged e-mails with Bert and he told me they only have a small supply of the din parts. I got it a week later and it took about 10 minutes to unscrew the yoke connector and put the DIN one in.

Very easy.

I just did it last week. Exchanged e-mails with Bert and he told me they only have a small supply of the din parts. I got it a week later and it took about 10 minutes to unscrew the yoke connector and put the DIN one in.

Very easy.

Ugh! About two months ago I sent my 1st stage back to have it changed to DIN and it was returned, stating they didn't have the parts. Then I sent an email a few weeks ago inquiring about the availability of parts and never heard back, and when I checked their customer service area, there is no record of my email.

Just a little frustrating on my part....

Glad to hear it was easy though.

Thanks everyone. Just sounds like you need to check with them before sending to make sure they have the kits in. Hopefully that's the case.
Thanks again.

Very easy.

I actually wanted the opposite. The DIN to yoke part in case I was in a place without din tanks.

Deep 6 won't sell it to me unless I do their clinic. I'm planning to but man it's unscrewing one part to swap it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom