YMCA Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davanna

New
Reaction score
I was certified by the YMCA many years ago and don't have a c-card anymore. However I do have my paper certificate. Is there any way I can get a new c-card from the YMCA and is my paper certificate valid proof?

YMCA Scuba is no more. But you can still contact them and get a new card.

If you have not been in the water in awhile, I strongly recommend a refresher course. SEI is the predecessor to YMCA scuba. Contact your nearest SEI instructor if you need help with your card.

YMCA Scuba is no more. But you can still contact them and get a new card.

If you have not been in the water in awhile, I strongly recommend a refresher course. SEI is the predecessor to YMCA scuba. Contact your nearest SEI instructor if you need help with your card.
predecessor is something that came before the current version. SEI is the successor. :D

I was certified by the YMCA many years ago and don't have a c-card anymore. However I do have my paper certificate. Is there any way I can get a new c-card from the YMCA and is my paper certificate valid proof?
Welcome to SB. :cool:

If you were certified 1984 or after, you can replace it at YMCA's site. The fee is ridiculous, but it's possible. See https://www.signup4.net/public/ap.aspx?EID=20071257E&OID=130

Otherwise, contact SEI: SEI Diving

Or, contact local scuba instructors to see if your paperwork can be used to pursue additional training and gain a card that will suffice. If you have not been diving in over a year, this would be a good idea anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom