Yet another travel question - Maumere to Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all - I will travel from Singapore to Labuan Bajo. This is leg is relatively straight-forward via Bali. My return trip departs from Maumere. Since I get back to Maumere on a Tuesday morning, it seems that there are not flights leaving Maumere that day, so I would have to spend the night in Maumere and fly out on on 25 September. One limitation - we really do not want to travel via Jakarta. Bali, Manado or Makassar are fine for us. Thoughts or suggestions....

There are 2 direct Maumere-Denpasar (Bali) flights operated by LionAir or Merpati (don't use the latter).

There are 2 direct Maumere-Denpasar (Bali) flights operated by LionAir or Merpati (don't use the latter).

i agree with luko for the 25 sept, but there is also another option... you can fly the 24 sept from ende to bali.... there are two flights.. one direct with lionair, and transnusa via tambolaka!
but i think the better option is wait the 25 sept in maumere.....
bye
fabio.

ps:luko... in august i've booked many flight with merpati...:shakehead::D i can't do different...:depressed: one is bali-alor via kupang and the other is alor-maumere via kupang...
i hope everything go well... but i've a little fear... in the past, the flights with merpati are go well.... i hope i hope i hope:D:D:D

one is bali-alor via kupang and the other is alor-maumere via kupang...
I booked the same ones in august but with TransNusa (Kupang-Alor then Alor-Kupang-Maumere).
Maybe we'll meet at the same places :wink:

I booked the same ones in august but with TransNusa (Kupang-Alor then Alor-Kupang-Maumere).
Maybe we'll meet at the same places :wink:

OMG...:D i want to book with another Airlines, but on the ticketindonesia website they write that is possible to book the transnusa tickets only 60day before departure... umh... did you use some agents that can do it? :depressed::depressed:
I flight from bali to alor the 16aug and from alor to maumere the 24aug.. and you? i stay at la petite kepa in alor and sea world club in maumere.... :wink: after maumere i go to Labuan bajo by car for a 9 days of LOB an then i fly to bali with lionair.
bye
fabio

I'll be staying at Alor Divers second week of august, they take care of my tickets with TransNusa, then Maumere Seaworld starting from aug17th. going to Bali (Tulamben+Lembongan) on aug.22nd.

Hi charlier,
Not sure if this will work the dates you are travelling, but after some very determined research, I flew Maumere-Makassar-Manado directly last summer. MZ 7065 and JT 740 (Merpati and Lion Air) were the flights.

The Indonesian travel agency associated with my Alor liveaboard had insisted the only option was to fly Maumere-Bali, then overnight, then fly Bali-Makassar-Manado which would have wasted significant time and money for me since I was heading to Lembeh. I did not believe this was the only possible way, given that Makassar is such a major hub. So I started by googling all the airlines that flew out of Maumere, then checked each airline's website individually for Maumere-Makassar flights. While the meta-search engines are good, I am finding they still don't capture all the flights (I have been working on other domestic tickets for this summer). Once I found the flights, it was no trouble to book them through any agency.

My original routing was supposed to involve a 10 hr layover in the very nice Makassar airport, but that was still a lot shorter than most of two days to fly to Bali then all the way back to Manado. I was travelling on a Sun. In the end, my flight out of MOF was moved earlier 4 hours at the last minute, which made it possible for me to catch an earlier flight and have only a 1.5 hour connection (I chose to cancel my original Makassar-Manado ticket).

Edited to add: of course if you are flying SIN-DPS it may be easier for you to fly out of DPS, rather than open jaw MDC-SIN. The Silk MDC-SIN flight only leaves midday, so I guess you would have to overnight in MDC if you flew this route.

May not help you, but just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG...:D on the ticketindonesia website they write that is possible to book the transnusa tickets only 60day before departure... umh... did you use some agents that can do it? :depressed::depressed:

Fabio I am currently working on the same problem in another thread - How to book Avia star / TransNusa flights from North America ?

I actually should not have put North America in the title as it seems the trouble comes from the airline (a very small carrier apparently) not from the booking websites (as I had originally thought).

nusatrip seems to be able to book Transnusa now. I don't know anyone who has used this site yet but they are the best option I have found so far.

indonesiamatters can also book it but says they can only do it within 30 days of the flight.

Alas I am not diving with Alor Divers, so that's not an option for me.

c2

Last edited:
Hi all

More agreement with Luko - spend the night of 24 September in Maumere and depart for Bali on 25 September. Why do you prefer Lion vs Merpati air?

Oh, I might understand your comment - the Lion air flight leaves Maumere at 7:40 and arrives in Bali 9:40, whereas the Merpati flight leaves Maumere at 7:50 and arrives in Bali 11:55. WTF??

I did look into the Maumere-Makassar-Manado-Singapore route. Given the connections, an overnight in Maumere with a direct Maumere-Bali and Bali-Singapore seems like good compromise us. More discuss with my wife about the flights.

I still cannot find a flight from Singapore-Bali-Labuan Bajo on the same day. For example, on 17 September, we take the first morning Air Asia flight from Singapore 9:20 and arrives Bali at 11:55. The Lion Air departs Denpassar at 13.35. If Air Asia arrived ontime without a big queue on immigration, its barely possible.

One recommendation, Melysa or Ester at Home - they might be able to book Transnusa earlier than the 60 days. Charlie

Hi Charlier - You may be aware that Silk Air is resuming Singapore - Makassar route. Not sure if the schedules work for you but worth exploring...

On Merpati: they have the reputation for being the worst airline in Indonesia... They are trying to turn it around but there is still work to do !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom