Yet another SIMILAN liveaboard ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLOBALflyer

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever dived with Similan Divers in Khao Lak? I was thinking of diving with them.
Anyone have any experiences good/bad, equip? Thank you.....

GLOBALflyer:
Has anyone ever dived with Similan Divers in Khao Lak? I was thinking of diving with them.
Anyone have any experiences good/bad, equip? Thank you.....

i worked for my dm at similan divers a few years back, back then i wouldn'y recommend them.
since then, the owner cleaned up his act and got a great crew to run his shop, last thing i heard is that they had a new boat this year, and she looked pretty nice. If i went again a probably book with them, only because of the new management.

go for it, sims have great diving, and that doesnt always depend on the operator...

Thx for your response DRAGONbreath. I am hope that is not the case now. From what I read from other reviews, they seen to have a safe and well organized trip. I was interested in hearig from people that recently had experiences on the boat.
Thx

Hi,

my name is Tilo and I am actually working for Joe as Divemaster.

I worked for Joe already two years ago after doing my Divemaster with him and Similan Divers. He is, as his Jamaican roots already indicate, a very relaxed, cool and friendly person and a very serious, fair business man with integrity. If you want to dive in the Similans anyway, I would recommend to look for yourself how Joe and his business is. The customer's comments book is full of very positive reflection on the trips AND the management.

Competition is tough in Khaolak. One has to understand that it is only through a very good service (languages and professional staff) and good equipment that you will make the difference. Joe has understood that. Come in and find out for yourself!

Tilo

PS: You can contact me anytime at tvstephani@gmx.de

If we are talking about the same Jamaican Joe, I know, this guy is the model professional. I worked with him in Phuket about 7 years ago, and I would say he is the epitome of a mentor.

Best thing to do is get your own feeling. Khao Lak is a beautiful place and diving the Similans is an exprience not to be missed. Even if you do not dive with Joe, there are other operators of equal quality there.

OK. I have edited and deleted several posts in this thread to remove all references to a personal attack that was made. If any of the participants need further clarification - please PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom