Yes, another DIY light ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cfdsmokeater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was wondering if anybody still makes the old "test tube" style of light head.

Off subject but, yesterday was my birthday and I would like to thank Scubaboard for the gracious email wishing me a happy birthday.

Joe.

Most adjustable focus HIDs use a test tube lens.

I was wondering if anybody still makes the old "test tube" style of light head.

The last few DIY lights I have seen are LED. The leds available now are often bright enough and cost effective, so many builders seem to be going that route.

I haven't seen an DIY test tube hid lights project reports lately. If you have some old equipment you can 'upgrade', go for it.

Yep, I have an older can light with the test tube head and love the ability to focus the beam.

I also love the LED tech, have some on my bunker gear. I also love candle power forums and dealextreme for all my projects, but......

Like I stated, I like the ability to focus the beam and change out bulbs with different wattages for different situations and run times. Ultimately I would like to shrink my can :D with new battery tech and possibly build my father a can light.

Thanks, Joe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom