Yellow filter on dive light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Bigblue dive light I got comes with a removable yellow filter to attach to the dive light. It basically changes the color from a bright white to a warmer white and supposedly is better for video.

I wanted to see if anyone has advice on whether to use the filter or not.

The Bigblue dive light I got comes with a removable yellow filter to attach to the dive light. It basically changes the color from a bright white to a warmer white and supposedly is better for video.

I wanted to see if anyone has advice on whether to use the filter or not.
The concept is good. Try it and see if you like it. Its value will depend on the water, the distance, the depth, the ambient lighting.....too many variables for a simple Yes or No.

I had exactly the same question. I tried both and with the yellow filter the yellows do pop and reds also. I am using a sony action camera and using the underwater mode which makes the reds pop. To see a sample check out my video on my website. Phi Phi, Hin Daeng and Hin Muang - reefscenics

I have one that came with my big blue. I haven’t tried it because the filter narrows the beam. I was thinking it would be better for out of the water filming.

Back
Top Bottom