Yellow Bio Fins or XT and sizing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Souvy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I actually have two questions.

First, I was hoping to get a fin recommendation. I currently use the Tusa Xpert Zoom and the Mares Volo Power fins. The latter fell apart after about 7 dives, so I am looking to replace those. I really liked the performance of the Volos and was trying to decide between the yellow Apollo Bio Fins and the XTs. I don't have the opportunity to try before I buy, so any input would be greatly appreciated especially if its comparative to the Volos or Zooms. Also, most of my diving is Boston area diving and I dive wet if that's helpful.

Second, I also had a sizing question. I wear a size 8 Tusa hard soled boot and use a Small Tusa and Volo fin. I see that size 8 is the cutoff between Small and Medium in the Apollo Bio Fins. I know that that's not much information, but any recommendation on which one to go with? Also, what size would that be for the XT.

Thank you very much in advance, cheers.

Souvy: The yellow bio-fin pro model will have less resistance than the XT models. The XT version of the bio-fin has a 75 durometer hardness and will feel more like a conventional paddle style fin such as the Mares Volo model. Your choice will depend on your diving style.

Your profile states that you are in NYC, if so, both Leisure Pro and Paragon stock the Apollo bio-fins. It is best to try the fins on with the boots you intend to wear. The soft rubber foot pocket is oval shaped and available in five sizes for a good fit. Your size is right on the cusp between small and medium. If you do purchase using e-commerce you can, usually, try them on at home and return for size exchange if necessary. The bio-fin XT is available only in md, lg, XL.

It is hard to give you exact advice over the web.
www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Fins/index.htm
www.apollosportsusa.com/Dealers/index.php

If you are in NYC frequently stop in and see one of our local dealers for some hands on help.

Best wishes for lots of safe diving,

Back
Top Bottom