Yeah or Neah?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidofaustin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:box: I have had my Volos for about 40 dives now - From Summer w/swim suite :thumb: to Winter 6on6:cold: . I have not had any problems yet. How about an update with a few new PROS, and CONS??

(Also - how much more time do you think I have before the hinge goesto see the :reaper: ??)

Dave

My friend Antoine used the Volos. He was an instructor doing 12 dives per week plus some pool work, and the hinge on one broke after about 3 months of that use.

That would put his failure point at about 160 dives or so. Antoine considered that unacceptable, and swore never to buy another pair.

I'll just stick to my Apollo Bio Fins.

I believe, with your response, and what I read in the old thread, that I will need to visit ebay real soon, and get these wonderful fins to someone who will not wear them out as fast.
:hmmm: My theory is, if they only dive 5-20 times per year, the fins will last them several years yet. They .may last me one more year, two on the outside.

Thanks,,,,
next -

Dave

Dave,

Did you get yours when they first came out? I heard that the hinge problem was common when the fins first came out but it has been fixed in later productions.

I didnt get them until late July. So I really dont know. That help?

BTW, I have been very happy with them. I was diving Mares Quatro's, and even though I still keep them, the Volos give me a little more speed (measured disance) in a few less kicks.

I may just keep em, and keep the quatros handy.

Dave

Originally posted by davidofaustin
I didnt get them until late July. So I really dont know. That help? ......

Dave

I really don't know when they came out so I'm no help either! My info came from the dive shop and a customer there. They came in looking for new fins for the same reason. The shop owner, who doesn't sell the Mares Volos, told them that although he'd love to sell them new fins, it may not be necessary. He called another shop in the area that did sell Mares to confirm the rumor he'd heard about the early models having a hinge problem. Long story short...the Mares shop replaced their Volo fins. AND my dive shop guy won two new customers with his honesty!

Back
Top Bottom