Yay, the coolest Force Fin product has finally came!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castanagajt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
According to Vickie, she told me that I bought the last of 900 Force Fin action figure. That same day maybe about 4 hours later, Jesse a force fin distributor wanted that same action figure but unfortunately, I bought it before he did :D

Action Figure

Also, in the box was my force fin whiskers for my Force Fin Extra Force. This thing came with two sets of screws. Why is the silver screws a hair longer than the black ones?

And why does it seem like the whiskers feel much stiffer than the polyurathane on my Force Fin Extra Force and the Force Fin Excellerating Force? Is it by chance, that they are constructed of the the tan delta material?

The USPS mail man is my hero for the week.

Great to hear about your USPS delivery from Force Fin. THe whiskers are indeed made out of the Tan Delta material and that is the reason they are stiffer than he poly material.
The two different screws are to give you options for other Force Wings and the different fins. Use the Black ones for your Excellerating Force Fin

ok, I am confused. I gave a call to Vickie and she said use the silver ones for the excellerating force fin and the black ones on my extra force. Which one is it, Blair?

Black on the extra, silver on excellerating. Castanagajt have fun adjusting speed with your whiskers.,will make more sense controlling water flow than blade flex, the excellerator does have 3 flex zones though, and water speed control.

Castanagajt

First I would like to apologize to Blair Mott for giving false information that went against his advice to any Scubaoard member who was in the same situation and was looking for advice concerning the proper screws to use for the Force Fin Wing accessories with their Force Fin model.

BLAIR is correct and you do indeed use the black screws for the Excellerating Force Fin. We use three different screws and I have to admit that I am not only color blind, but very excited about reaching out to people on the scubaboard about our products. I promise to take a deep breath maybe once before I post again.

When you buy a whisker kit you receive 2 sets of screws. One is to use for the Extra Force and one is for the Excellerating Force Fin. The Black screws are for the Excellerating Force Fin using the whiskers. The screws that are screwed into the whiskers are for the Extra Force using the Whiskers. These screws should be a tad smaller and lighter in color.

The other screw we use is for the Bat Wing accessory and it is bright silver in color and is the longest in length out of all the screws. I have talked with Vickie and we both would like to acknowledge the experience and knowledge Blair Mott has with the Force Fin company and product line. He really is the best source of information inside and out!!!!!!

the extra force takes the black screw but a tad smaller than the black screws that supposed to go on the excellerating fins?

When you bought the whisker kit there was screws that were attached to the whiskers. These are the screws for the Extra Force. They should be shorter and a lighter color than the screws that were in a bag that was labeled Exell.

The screws that are in a bag by themselves and are shiny Black, they are also a bit longer and they go to the Excellerating Force Fin.

Hope this helps.

One set is shiny black and one set of screws is more of a dark plated color. Regardless of color the long screws go to the Excellerating Force Fin and the shorter screws go to the Extra Force Fin.

You have you should have the screws for both the Extra and the Excellerator. If the longer screws you have are bright and shining silver color then Force Fin will send out you new screws tomorrow! I will PM you for your details for contact.

Back
Top Bottom