Yap for X-Mas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dugongberbulu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking to hit Yap over Christmas, and was looking for info on resorts, dive sites, conditions, should I even be considering this?

I have tried to "search" on Yap, but it comes up with nothing... wierd :06:

Anyway, all info and help would be greatly appreciated :D Thanks.

:karate:

Gonzalve:
Hey all,

I'm looking to hit Yap over Christmas, and was looking for info on resorts, dive sites, conditions, should I even be considering this?

I have tried to "search" on Yap, but it comes up with nothing... wierd :06:

Anyway, all info and help would be greatly appreciated :D Thanks.

:karate:

Surprised nobody has responded. I went to Yap in March of 2003 - Awesome. I really loved it. Mantas, great walls, great macro/muck diving, great everything. I stayed at Manta Ray Bay Resort. I ate dinner at the other "nice" resort, Trader's Ridge, but it isn't on the water, and I haven't heard much great stuff about their diving operations. I loved MRBR - every person on the property knew my name by the end of the first day. The rooms are very nice (ask about prevailing wind direction in order to choose what side your room will be on), their restaurant is a huge Pinisi ship that they sailed over from Indonesia, their diving ops are first rate. They just renovated too. Bill Acker, who runs the place, is around and super friendly. Mike Veitch, who posts here alot, is their photo pro now. I would go back to Yap in a second, and would definitely stay at MRBR again. The link to their resort is www.mantaray.com

Have fun!
Taxgeek

you can't search on 3 letter words, so search for "yap*"

Thanks Damsel fish, didn't know that.

Taxgeek: thanks for the feedback, sound like a nice place to spend the holidays :wink:

Hey Gonzalve,

I am doing some investigation on YAP as well, I have had a look at the Manta Ray website and it looks AWESOME.

TAXGEEK, is there a possibility that I could 'quiz' you on some more info on the area, I am keen to know what amenities are available and what other activities there are, if I may, I would like to send you a PM in order to get some more info from you?

I am stunned by the website and am keen to know more.

Thanks

DiverAndy:
Hey Gonzalve,

I am doing some investigation on YAP as well, I have had a look at the Manta Ray website and it looks AWESOME.

TAXGEEK, is there a possibility that I could 'quiz' you on some more info on the area, I am keen to know what amenities are available and what other activities there are, if I may, I would like to send you a PM in order to get some more info from you?

I am stunned by the website and am keen to know more.

Thanks

Sure! PM me or just ask away in this thread so others can share the info.
Taxgeek

Gents,

I did some more research, and the more I fall in love with the place, the more unobtainable it becomes....I see why people say it is a PITA to get to. Thanks for the help anyway, and I envy all of you who can say that they have been to a paradise!

Thanks

Hey folks, just saw this post for the first time.

Thanks for the intro Taxgeek. :)

If anyone is interested in sending me a pm please feel free or you can send me an email at
mantavisions@mantaray.com

Mike

ps i guess the reason i didn't see it before is cuz its posted in the Asia section, if you head over to the Australia and Pacific Islands section you can find a lot more threads concerning Yap

Cheers

My bad :boxing_sm ... can one of the mods move it to the right section?

Mike, I saw on one of your posts that Febuary is killer, but would be difficult to make that (gf has stated one more dive trip and she's growing gills... and that's not good according to her :06: I'll never understand women :14: ), so cannot. What's the diving like late-December? Is that too early for the mating season?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom