XXL Slipstreams ... dang ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Tried a pair of XXL Slipstreams tonight. Love the performance ... hate the foot pocket.

Why do both OMS and ScubaPro seem to feel that you either have wimpy little feet (for size XL) or you're built like an NBA player ... the XXL foot pockets are freak'n HUGE!

Even with the fin flopping around my boot on every kick, these Slipstreams performed better than my Turtles. If I could get a pair that fit me, I'd buy them tomorrow.

They need to come out with a size XLD ... something between XL and XXL ... for people with normal size feet who wear drysuits.

The fin's a winner ... but the foot pocket sizes, like Jets, just suck ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Glad to hear you like the fins (if not the size). I have an XL pair on the way and I hope they fit!

My XL's fit great with wet suit diving in BARE Ice Boots size 9USA. The fin pocket is way to small for my attached moon boots on my BARE dry suit. Great fin though...really like them.

I really like the fins ... trying to figure out a way to either stretch out the foot pocket on an XL or DIY a "boot keeper" that would fill the space between my boots and the foot pocket on the XXL.

If OMS would build the fin with a foot pocket for normal people, they'd have a best seller ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom