XTAR 18650 3600mAh batteries for dive lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Xtar 18650 3600mAh batteries could be perfect for your lights! :giggle:This new battery has 3600mAh large capacity, max 10A continuous discharge current, can be charged over 500 times.

More info here:
https://www.xtardirect.com/products/18650-3600mah-battery?VariantsId=10393

XTAR 18650 3600mAh.jpg

thank you for keeping us updated on new products. I have several XTAR 18650s that I use (I think 2800 and 3000 capacity) They have been working very well for me. i don’t know how many charging cycles they have been through but still are going strong. When they approach their end of life, I will go for these improved capacity ones.
By the way, how do I know that I am approaching the battery end of life - does it capacity start decreasing? I know once I am there, the battery does not hold a charge well, however, it would be nice to pick on decline prior to it happening so I can order new batteries ahead of time.

By the way, how do I know that I am approaching the battery end of life - does it capacity start decreasing?
You can tell by using a charger that is able to read and display the battery internal resistance (IR). Lower numbers are better. Once your cells get in the 20+ mOhm range you should look at replacing them in the near future. A lot of the batteries should be getting 200-300 cycles before tapering off and needing to find a new landfill home.

thank you for keeping us updated on new products. I have several XTAR 18650s that I use (I think 2800 and 3000 capacity) They have been working very well for me. i don’t know how many charging cycles they have been through but still are going strong. When they approach their end of life, I will go for these improved capacity ones.
By the way, how do I know that I am approaching the battery end of life - does it capacity start decreasing? I know once I am there, the battery does not hold a charge well, however, it would be nice to pick on decline prior to it happening so I can order new batteries ahead of time.
When a 18650 battery is charged and discharged, this is counted as one cycle. And the cycle life is determined by the difference in capacity of your cell taken from its first-use rating to its present rating. For example, if your cell started at 3000mAh, when the battery hold less than 80% (2400mAh), we say its cycle life is over.

Moreover, the recharge cycles vary and are limited. As the battery is reused, it degrades due to oxidation and electro-chemical degradation. Generally, the 18650 batteries have a typical cycle life of 300 to 500 (charge, discharge cycles). When in high-amp or high-drain situations, this can decrease substantially to 200 cycles. If you go over the maximum discharge current limit, it can radically decrease the cycle life. If you maintain the batteries well, some good quality batteries may achieve more than 500 cycles.

There are some ways you can tell if your 18560 is nearing the end of its life, and it’s time to get new ones.
*The battery loses its charge much faster than normal. It loses its charge after a couple of days or even worse overnight.
*The battery gets overheating when charging or discharging, warmer than normal.
*Recharge time gets abnormally long.
*You have used the battery frequently over 2 to 3 years.
*The battery can hold less than 80% of its original capacity.
*Check if there is any cracking or deformation in the battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom