Xs Scuba Seaair Tri-metal Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LauraLynnee

Reaction score
I'm looking to get some opinions on the XS Scuba SeaAir Tri-Metal Reg. I noticed that it is ranked very high by ScubaLabs, both a tester choice and best buy, but I haven't been able to find any first hand feedback from divers on it. This will be my first reg and I want it to be something that is good quality without breaking the bank. Also, are there any other options that I should consider in about the $300-$400 price range? Thanks for the advice!

Got 50 dives on mine, had it down to 130 feet, breathes real easy. I'm satisfied with it. Only thing I'd do different is get the DIN adapter.

Hi LauraLynnnee:
I see others have posted their opinions. My opinion is quite biased, I don't think you can find a better performing regulator anywhere near the price of the Tri-Metal. If you have any specific question I am happy to help. Just send me a PM.

LauraLynnee:
I'm looking to get some opinions on the XS Scuba SeaAir Tri-Metal Reg. I noticed that it is ranked very high by ScubaLabs, both a tester choice and best buy, but I haven't been able to find any first hand feedback from divers on it. This will be my first reg and I want it to be something that is good quality without breaking the bank. Also, are there any other options that I should consider in about the $300-$400 price range? Thanks for the advice!

I bought one as my first reg based on the Scuba Lab reports and the recommendation of my LDS, which carries many brands. On my first outing, I noticed the reg wanted to free flow when shallow or give extra air after you stop sucking, even at depth, unless the adjustment was turned all the way in. Made me more of an air hog than I already am. Took it back for an adjustment (no charge of course), and it's been great ever since. I don't have a ton of experience with other products to use as a comparison, but I find it comfortable and easy to breathe.

I have had no regrets purchasing mine. Don't have many dives on it but salt or fresh, warm or cold, it is solid.
Howard

mistressmotorsports:
I bought one as my first reg based on the Scuba Lab reports and the recommendation of my LDS, which carries many brands. On my first outing, I noticed the reg wanted to free flow when shallow or give extra air after you stop sucking, even at depth, unless the adjustment was turned all the way in. Made me more of an air hog than I already am. Took it back for an adjustment (no charge of course), and it's been great ever since. I don't have a ton of experience with other products to use as a comparison, but I find it comfortable and easy to breathe.

I found the same thing to be true. I have the cracking pressure closed as far as it will go, and it free flows on the surface(entering the water). I'm switching it over to my primary this year. When I did breath off it, I had no problems.

One thing I would change immediately is the mouth piece. I hate it.

Can't get a better bang for your buck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom