XLB pacer Diagram

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clashswims

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I picked up an old Dacor pacer XLB. Similar to SP balanced adjustable. Needs a new lp seat with the whole in it. Looking for the part number to search old dive store stock.
My plan is to take a $10 old regulator, invest lots of $ so I can have a $10 reg that costs a lot more!:yeahbaby:

At one time I had a few service kits for XLB, the kits included a poppet with lp seat already installed. I never tried to dig out the seat and see if it could be replaced separately, my memory is that the seat was well bonded to the poppet.

A service kit that covered the XLB was 49661573.

Attachments

• Dacor Regs Vol 2 2nd stages plus kits etc-pages-26.pdf
    58.8 KB · Views: 94
It nice to see that you are aware that these projects and for personal entertainment and deeper understanding of regulator design and function than profit.

as Dustin points out this may or may not have a replaceable seat, pics would help.

Thank you. Yes it is/was bonded . I tried a seat from another pacer. It had a dimple in the center when I flipped it over. Thought I’d try drilling but seat was thicker. Anyway thanks again for the info.

I picked up an old Dacor pacer XLB. Similar to SP balanced adjustable. Needs a new lp seat with the whole in it. Looking for the part number to search old dive store stock.
My plan is to take a $10 old regulator, invest lots of $ so I can have a $10 reg that costs a lot more!:yeahbaby:
I don't understand the motivation for this project? Why not invest the money into a more modern regulator? You plan on diving with the refurbished regulator?

4761B40C-DFFD-4991-8E87-26E55A99C813.jpeg 5E7902AA-74BC-47AE-A293-ED00B8AA2EEA.jpeg 8F418F00-AE37-4A45-B5A4-9167F83922AD.jpeg

I don't understand the motivation for this project? Why not invest the money into a more modern regulator? You plan on diving with the refurbished regulator?
I enjoy old chrome regulators. It has double exhaust valves. How does this perform wet? Easier? I have old stuff I’d like to compare to. Scubapro 156, g250, old pilot, Air1, D 300 and newer regulators. I dive in my pool because it is really close.

I enjoy old chrome regulators. It has double exhaust valves. How does this perform wet? Easier? I have old stuff I’d like to compare to. Scubapro 156, g250, old pilot, Air1, D 300 and newer regulators. I dive in my pool because it is really close.
07593D8F-31A5-4E01-9DF2-33250698F61A.jpeg
and my dive buddy doesn’t like to fly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom