Question XDeep Zeos, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I really thinking of going to a BP/W setup and I like what I see with the XDeep Zeos bcd, 38 lb wing with a stainless backplate and added weight pockets. I want to be able to dive saltwater in the summer and drysuit diving in the colder months in freshwater. I have been diving a Zeagle Ranger LTD for a long time

For any of you who have this rig, how do you like it?

Thanks!

That was my first BP/W setup, and it replaced my Chamber Express (Zeagle Ranger). The wing is solid, well made, just as good as anything on the market. I sold it to a friend who was also very happy with it. I just went to twinsets and stopped diving for a single tank for quite a while. For single tank diving, I now use a Deep 6 BP/W with the awesomest BP that I've ever seen (nice graphics and finish).

XDeep makes very good products all around. Their Ghost is awesome for warm water travel if you want to minimize weight (I carry a SS BP/W so I don't need extra weight. I sold that years ago, and regret doing so as I'd give it to my wife or daughter). I have their Stealth Tec 2.0 RB for sidemount. For twinsets, I have their BP and Hydros 50 wing.

You won't regret this purchase.

That was my first BP/W setup, and it replaced my Chamber Express (Zeagle Ranger). The wing is solid, well made, just as good as anything on the market. I sold it to a friend who was also very happy with it. I just went to twinsets and stopped diving for a single tank for quite a while. For single tank diving, I now use a Deep 6 BP/W with the awesomest BP that I've ever seen (nice graphics and finish).

XDeep makes very good products all around. Their Ghost is awesome for warm water travel if you want to minimize weight (I carry a SS BP/W so I don't need extra weight. I sold that years ago, and regret doing so as I'd give it to my wife or daughter). I have their Stealth Tec 2.0 RB for sidemount. For twinsets, I have their BP and Hydros 50 wing.

You won't regret this purchase.
Thanks so much for the info. Glad to hear about experience with the XDeep Zeos.
I was trying on my Zeagle Ranger LTD the other night with my 95cu. ft. steel tank. The BC is the correct size and adjusted as it should be, but the tank still just sagged down and pulled away from behind me. Typical with a soft BC like a Ranger, back inflate.
I would like a BC that keeps the tank close to body's center of gravity for trim and ease of movement out of the water. From what I see with other BP/W users, this is a big advantage

I would like a BC that keeps the tank close to body's center of gravity for trim and ease of movement out of the water. From what I see with other BP/W users, this is a big advantage
X Deep wings use a single tank adapter, I would look at a wing with built in stabilizer bars, they don't require a STA. It will put the tank closer to your body. A 38 lb wing is pretty big for single tank diving, I would look at a 30 lb wing.
There are several companies that make wings with built in stabilizers. I have a Sub Gravity BP/W.

X Deep wings use a single tank adapter, I would look at a wing with built in stabilizer bars, they don't require a STA. It will put the tank closer to your body. A 38 lb wing is pretty big for single tank diving, I would look at a 30 lb wing.
There are several companies that make wings with built in stabilizers. I have a Sub Gravity BP/W.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Thanks, I'll check them out.
I have that harness for my rebreather, as well as their 10 lb BP (also for my rebreather). It is nice, just isn't as easy as I hoped to loosen with thick dry gloves. Not sure what exposure protection you may be using for your hands.

I have that harness for my rebreather, as well as their 10 lb BP (also for my rebreather). It is nice, just isn't as easy as I hoped to loosen with thick dry gloves. Not sure what exposure protection you may be using for your hands.
Earlier in the fall season(now), just bare hands, but later I'll have on dry gloves.

Thanks so much for the info. Glad to hear about experience with the XDeep Zeos.
I was trying on my Zeagle Ranger LTD the other night with my 95cu. ft. steel tank. The BC is the correct size and adjusted as it should be, but the tank still just sagged down and pulled away from behind me. Typical with a soft BC like a Ranger, back inflate.
I had another question, I noticed someone else in this thread who said that he preferred a BP/W that had stabilizer bars that would keep the tank closer to the body.
Do you recall if your XDeep Zeos had stabilizer bars for a single tank? In other words, how close and secure to your body was the tank held?
He mentioned that he dives the Paragon BP/W by Sub Gravity and it has built in stablizer bars.

I had another question, I noticed someone else in this thread who said that he preferred a BP/W that had stabilizer bars that would keep the tank closer to the body.
Do you recall if your XDeep Zeos had stabilizer bars for a single tank? In other words, how close and secure to your body was the tank held?
He mentioned that he dives the Paragon BP/W by Sub Gravity and it has built in stablizer bars.
The only company that is still in business that has something like this is Deep 6 where an STA isn't necessary (but I use their STA). @cerich, @LandonL, this is correct, right?

I have the Xdeep Zeos 38 at home, I’ve only dove once with it. I was also considering the OMS wing which doesn’t need a STA but my instructor advised me to use an STA for added stability.

I don’t have much experience in general but if you have questions about the setup I’m happy to answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom