xDeep Zen Deluxe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hello everyone

I picked up a xDeep (cross deep) Zen deluxe.

I am 186 cm (6'0 or 6'1) and weigh about 78kg (172 lbs).
Most of my weight is chest/stomach.

I dive with an aluminum 80 and a cuft 13 and a 3mm on top of a rash guard - 4 lbs and I sink.
Currently I have 2 lbs on a weight pocket on the right side of the upper cylinder cam band and another 2 lbs on a pocket on the lower cam band, also right side . Nothing on my waist and this is perfect.
The weights on the right side of the cylinder cam band perfectly offset the weight of the 13 cuft thats on my left side (via shark pony tank strap).

Summer is coming and I imagine I'll drop a pound or two because I'll be back in a rash guard.

The harness looks sloppy and excessive long.
I will never wear more than a 3mm ( did that all winter and was just ok).

How do I go about sizing this?

The crotch strap was too long, so I shortened on other side (v shape harness), till my index finger was at my navel when I pulled up on the crotch strap.

But the shoulder straps are dangling.

The xDeep manual is less than useless but maybe they assume a new buyer is already proficient.

Anyways.

Photographs for reference and much appreciation.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 15.17.14.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 15.17.14 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 15.17.14 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 15.17.14 (2).jpeg

Yes you can trim off excess webbing once you are sure you have the sizing down. Remember to leave enough in case you decide to dive dry suit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom