Xdeep Zen Deluxe positioning anf adjustment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loublu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
Just bought Xdeep Zen Deluxe. This is my first wing. Was encouraged to go with the Zen in small (backplate). Im 5'4" and just not sure if I'm adjusting the straps to fit so it sit where it should. In fairness ive shortened the shoulder straps as kuch as possible and it has helped a little but it still sits fairly low - just below my shoulders and low down on my butt. I cant find any photos or guide on positioning.
All reviews are really positive. Wondering if its suppose to sit there or if its just not a good fit option for me.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20240628_124800.jpg
    20240628_124800.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240628_124839.jpg
    20240628_124839.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240628_124638.jpg
    20240628_124638.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 11
I’m not hands on familiar with this system, went to the site and now have less idea of how they are set up. In general it looks like the shoulder straps are to tight and the waist strap seems very high, like the middle of the plate and the plate is to long for you. It looks like something that would be best handled by someone locally that is familiar with this brand.

It all just looks wrong and maybe it would help if you took the pictures with the wing removed?

Xdeep wing is a bit different from others/most (looks like it's sitting quite low, but it's not). It's designed to be narrower and longer and positioned the way (upwards U-shape):

The compact engineering of the NX series inflator has allowed a reduction in the required size of the upper part of the wing. This results in a position at the surface that lifts you high out of the water and ensures lift is in the right place when submerged.
The ZEN wing is deliberately narrow so that it does not protrude from the side of your tank. This brings advantages in enhancing your buoyancy control, in reducing any entanglement hazards and in significantly reducing drag.

It works really well for me, I'm 6-2, 235. Based on what I've heard, women may have some trim issues with it due to floatier feet.

Keep in mind your Zen came with wing installed in a default position, which is in the lowest point. There are two bolts/nuts in the center line of the plate that allow you to move your wing up higher if needed.

Looking at the pics your backplate is right where it is supposed to be, maybe even a tad too high. You may have to adjust your wing positioning as said earlier (I'd say dive a few times first before tinkering with that)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom