Xdeep Wing Puncture & difference between Zen and Zeos series

Xdeep Zen or Zeos wing

• Zeos

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Zen

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omarali89

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I'm a rec diver planning to buy a single-tank wing for the obvious reasons of achieving a good trim and getting introduced to the DIR system (with future plans to go into tec diving) , and i tried xdeep zeos before and it worked pretty well for me so i was thinking to buy one , but before taking a final decision and sticking for one system i have 3 questions i would appreciate if Xdeep users could answer for me so i can decide ;

1- Is Xdeep Zeos single shell wing fixable in case of puncture like other common double shell wings in the market and if so is it easy to do yourself or it needs to be sent to the manufacturer ?

2- Same as the first question, but for the Xdeep Zen series which is a double Shell wing ?

3- For Xdeep Junkies, Which do you prefer Zeos or Zen , and why ?

Any help will be appreciated .. thanks

you can patch the wing on the zeos, but you can't replace the inner bladder like the zen.
sorry i dont have much experience with wings , is this patching a simple thing i can learn or do myself or maybe a more experienced fellow diver or i will likely need a professional or somebody working with the brand to do it.

it can be DIY, just buy some aquaseal
Thanks for the reply , i think i might go for zeos as the backplate and harness can accommodate other brands of bladders in future in case i wanted to change, beside that it is fixable with aquaseal as u mentioned.

I am also interested in your topic and can't decide which one to buy any further help from experience ?

I am also interested in your topic and can't decide which one to buy any further help from experience ?
Actually i didnt get the chance to try both , i only tried the zeos before and i decided to buy it. turns out i was wrong, the zeos is provided with a cordura shell and internal bladder which was my main concern for maintenance. the single layer bladder is only for the ghost model.

I decided to go with zeos for a couple of reasons which are 1-the price difference 2- the zeos design is unmistakable cause it follows the universal back plate and harness design , and it gives me the chance to swing to a different brand wing with the same harness and backplate. and when i go tech when the wing capabilities really maters i'll probably give the tech version of the zen a look before buying a double tank wing. but for rec diving i'm satisfied by the zeos. but thats just me.

Hi all - Thanks for the thread and answers. I am also looking to buy the xdeep zeos single tank system and wondering if it is possible to use the zeos back plate to accommodate a wing for double tanks?

Edit - Just realised the thread is actually quite old. Not sure I’ll get and answer here.

According to there site, yes.... it's a fairly standard plate from the look of it with some frills in terms of the harness. Pull the tank straps, swap the wing for a doubles wing, and bolt up your doubles.... should be pretty straight-forward.

Respectfully,

James

Back
Top Bottom