xDeep Stealth Weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RVBldr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just curious, with the xDeep Stealth Tec, already running the larger spine weight pouch, where do folks find the best locations for additional weight if needed? I.e, for cold water with lighter tanks, it looks like I can get 24# in the spine weight pocket.

I am curious as well. I drove last year, single back tank in a lake with 24 lbs as it was cold, high 50's. I had a new 7mm full, 7mm farmer John and unk mom pocket shorts. 140 lbs is my weight and that was the most weight I had ever carried. I am now a side mounted in XDeep classic 2 and know I will have 2 al80's positive at end of last five. I don't plan on the pocket shorts this time and may lose the farmer john this weekend and just stay a bit shallower. The four pockets will hold 4lb lead easy, 5lb with a little force. Was planning on getting there a day early and just playing in the shallow end of the kiddie pool for a bit to experiment. I have some 2lb ankle weights that I have put on the top of a tank but never during sidemount.

The four pockets will hold 4lb lead easy, 5lb with a little force.

With the larger pockets, I'm finding a solid 5# + a 1# will fit, maybe a total of 7# if you stuff it in.

I added some trim pockets to my waiste webbing on my Xdeep sidemount rig. I slid them all the way back and it helps to add more weight when diving with a dry suit and helps to put the weight near my center rather then up my spine. I also use sliding D-rings with AL 80's, and with this set up I can't start with the tank clipped as far back as I would like (because of the pockets) but all and all It worked out great for me!

4 six pound weights will fit on the spine. You can also add the xDeep releasible weight pouches. If you go that route get the medium not large size. The large have an inversion issue which is not present in the medium. They can hold 10 lbs each. Since you probably would not be using 44 lbs, you can distribute for proper trim.

You can also use weight pouches like the diverite travel weight pouches with the locking triglide. We like those because they are mechanically closed with a buckle and don’t move on the belt because of the triglide. You can put those way back so the drings can be positioned most anywhere on the belt.

Last edited:
The xdeep small pouches fit perfectly on the shoulders, that gives another 10 lbs and helps with trim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom