XDeep stealth 2.0 Tec review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sphyon

Admin
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I wanted to post some thoughts on the new Stealth Tec I picked up at the NSS-CDS workshop up in Marianna. Sebastian over at tecdivegear.com gave me a deal I couldn't refuse and as a Florida cave diver I wanted to see the other side, spicy.

So I spent the better part of a day tweaking the rig to get it as close to what I thought would be ideally fitted as possible. Normally I am not a fan of the v harness style, but theirs was super easy to adjust unlike my other experiences with the style (I'm looking at you, LTZ). A few more tweaks I can only assume Edd Sorenson would be proud of and I was good to go.

Fast forward to ginnie springs this past Saturday.

Jumped in the basin with two lp85's after dodging what must have been 15 OW divers and 50+ college kids doing their best to kick me in the head.

No problems at all! Flat trim, ample lift, streamlined nearly as much as my katana. I was able to slip in the ballroom and cruise around with little interference at that point. Moving in the smaller section of breakdown with ease.

In the end, the only complaint I have currently is the butt dump. I am 6'4 with ape arms and even I had to make an effort to dump gas accurately.

I am currently looking at modifications to remedy this as it is frankly easier to dump from the LPI at the moment. But for simple performance I'm sold, love it so far.

Will update with more information after a few cave dives this coming weekend.

IMG_1471.JPG
IMG_1464.JPG

Realizing that you haven't used it a LOT yet, when do you think you would choose to use the xDeep over the Katana and why?

Well, I will say the big draw was a minimal rig with more available lift. If diving wet with big steels and cave fills I am maxing out the katana for the first few minutes of the dive. The stealth definitely has her beat there. Outside of that, having another rig for stinging eye water is always nice. Don't want to taint my cave gear with that stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom