xDeep - recommended vendor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TDiddy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at purchasing an xDeep Zen. I've been on the website to look at the US dealers and just thought I'd see if anyone had recommendations before I start making a bunch of phone calls.

Thanks,
Tom

FWIW, my local dealer, only +2hrs away, let me know when I did not purchase it that day there was some MAP policy in place where all manufacturers sell at the same price. Maybe just saving on the sales tax (which would be paid at a later date) rather than at time of purchase.

I don't have anyone to go to locally, I wish I did. I'm in Des Moines and according to the xDeep website, the closest dealer to me is in Kansas City, then Chicago and Littleton, CO. So while less than retail price would be great, it's not the driving factor in this case!

There is retail sales price and MAP price. MAP is the lowest that a dealer can advertise publicly at. Some brands do have a MSP. Minimum selling price. It's usually 5-10 % below MAP. Sell under that and the dealer can lose their dealership.
With most, however, they don't dictate what the shop will sell it to you for.

Call or walk in.

Just don't go saying to the world that XYXZ shop sold me this at 25% off MAP! Guarantee they'll never give you another deal.

If a dealer wants to give a regular customer a deal or you make a big purchase they can give you whatever discount they want. They can sell it to you for cost or even below. Stupid from a business standpoint but they are ones taking the hit.

Again, just don't go telling everyone how much below MAP you paid.

Back
Top Bottom