XDeep Ghost Waist? Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InWay2Deep

Contributor
Reaction score
Any of you that have the Ghost where do you run the waist strap? I got one for my (small) daughter and when I have the shoulder straps adjusted to what I think is right the waist strap is just below her ribs. That seems reallllly high to me? Is this wing designed to run lower down the back? Really just looking to see where I should target the waist strap and I can adjust the rest from there. We can't get it in the pool until March so just trying to get it mostly fit now. I can't really help much b/c my Stealth waist strap is around my hips lol so this up by ribs is all new to me...

thanks

It's supposed to be run that high. At or above the belly button.
bg-6.jpg

We have a ghost in the club, and it's like that. I haven't tried it, but apparently it's super comfortable, and stupidly easy to get in, and out, since the shoulder harness makes a large loop, and then you cinch it with the waist band.

Hae you tried shortening the crotch strap?

Commenting as a Ghost owner here.

It does ride high but it's supposed to be worn with a 20-25 downward degree angle, so you should be adjusting the crotch strap accordingly. Sebastian at TecDiveGear is a real resource for all things XDeep--you could reach out to him as well.

The unique benefit of having the waist strap so high is that it makes for a convenient area to put (small) weight pockets. I use my two of my XDeep side mount trim pockets to fit 3lbs of lead in each. This places the weight quite close to your back, as well as a little higher than were you to use the lower cam band. It also renders lead ditchable for those that would like to have that option--very easy to reach back and undo the velcro. I've added two photos here.

You might want to look at the Zen as it is more comfortable, in my opinion. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Attachments

• Ghost Pockets 2.png
    Ghost Pockets 2.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Ghost Pockets 1.png
    Ghost Pockets 1.png
    366.9 KB · Views: 105

Back
Top Bottom