X tek pro inflator hose too long

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theiszy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I just purchased an x tek pro bcd from my LDS, it came fully assembled. When I got it home and set it up (attached to regs & tank) I realised the inflator hose is really long (compared to the shorter power inflator the x tek comes with), Its the same length as the hose I originally had for my jacket BCD (standard length im guessing). The problem is its too long and kinks out quiet a bit at a pretty tight angle. Besides being annoying its probably not good for the hose & also causing a snaging hazard. I ended up just buying a shorter hose from the shop, but after spending all that money on the BCD im feeling a little ripped off. It also says in the manual (which also didnt come with the BCD) that you must use the hose that comes with the x tek to keep your warrenty. Is this normal that the x tek comes with the standard length hose? am I setting it up wrong somehow?

Also just a second question.( Im new to BP&W so sorry if its a silly question), I have the STA with the stainless steel cam bands, when setting them up to my tanks (standard 12l faber steel), do I cut off excess to make it fit the tank? it seems like they are really long and wrap arpunt the tank one & a half times.

Thanks

No answer yet. Any Scubapro reps on scuba board? I saw another thread on here regarding the inflator hose length. It seems it may just be they expect you to buy a new hose after all. But id still like to know if this will affect my warranty.

don't cut the cam bands, they should have velcro on them. You need the extra length to cam them over when they're tight enough.

can't help you on the warranty front

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom