WXT wings please advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eche

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

I'm slowly migrating to technical diving and thinking about purchasing the Apeks technical rig with the wtx harness. I'm not sure which wing should I get, wtx4 or wtx6? I'm going to be diving single Al80's + a 30 cuft stage and other times single steel 100's plus a 30cuft stage.

I would appreciate any advice or comments.

I've got both the WTX harness for work and the ss backplate and webbing for fun. They're both great. The WTX 4 provides 45lbs of lift. That's all you'll need for diving singles.

Cheers.

I have dived the WTX harness w/backplate and the WTX 3 wing with HP steel 100's (and 120's) plus 19 cf ponies.

I've dived the backplate with double HP 100's (x7-100's) + manifold + 19 cf pony with the WTX 4. That's usually with a drysuit, but I have dived the same configuration (w/o the pony) in just a bathing suit as well.

I would say the WTX 3 would be fine for your needs.

Since you're talking single tank diving, then you'll be looking at the WTX-3 wing.

The WTX-4 and WTX-6 wings are designed for double cylinders.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the WTX-3, but if you like Apeks, then that's their single tank wing.

Thank you guys for all your answers. All were useful.

I think I'm going to go for the WTX4 since next year I'm going to be upgrading to double tank diving, I hope is a good decision.

BTW, ScubaBoard is great, I feel like I have a bunch of good friends, thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom