WTB:Strobe for Canon SD 900/WP-DC 70

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldstroke

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Interested in low-cost strobe for underwater photo's. I am a novice;just want to memorialize the beauty I experience underwater. Ed

coldstroke:
Interested in low-cost strobe for underwater photo's. I am a novice;just want to memorialize the beauty I experience underwater. Ed

Ed,

Ask yourself this simple question:

Will I alway be satisfied wth my current P&S setup or is there a strong chance that I'm going to get hooked on UW photography and eventually move up to a DSLR package?

If the answer is yes I'll always be happy wiuth my P&S set up then, hook yourself up with an INON D2000S, or a Seas and Sea YS-90Pro.

If the answer is no, I'l probably get hooked and want to progress, then spend a few more pieces of eight and get yourself an INON Z-240 or Sea and Sea YS-110 (or 220).

The former strobes will slave well off of any P&S set up with and optical cable, but do not support full cable firing (meaning no TTL) and do not have modeling (focusing) lights. The latter two will fire well while slaved on a optic cable, but also suports full cable firing while supporting TTL options and have moideling lights.

So before you "settle" for an inexpensive strobe, ask youself if paying a litttle more now will save you later.

Other than that, happy snapping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom