WTB steel 72 CF cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slonda828

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I know that usually people post this kind of stuff in the marketplace, but I figured maybe one of the divers in here would have a steel lp 72 with a working J valve that he or she may be willing to part with. I would like to use it in diving my vintage setup. I live in the Savannah, GA area and am willing to road trip a decent amount, pay for it, and have some lunch with anyone who would be willing to hook me up. Ideally I'd love a US Divers one if anyone has it, in that gnarly yellow color.

Watch out for the yellow tanks, some were galvanized under the yellow vinyl coating and some weren't. Stay away from the one's that weren't galvanized.
Also some had an internal epoxy coating. In and of itself it is not a problem but many shops will not want to put a VIP sticker on it because they will say it can't be properly inspected with the coating, not really true but you won't convince the shop of that.
Best to find a plain galvanized tank and forget about the pretty yellow.

Watch out for the yellow tanks, some were galvanized under the yellow vinyl coating and some weren't. Stay away from the one's that weren't galvanized...
Best to find a plain galvanized tank and forget about the pretty yellow.

Sounds like good advice Captain. So does anyone want to part with a steel LP72 with a J valve? :eyebrow:

I have yellow one with a USD J valve in working order - but it is in storage 1800 miles away...

How many would you like? I have three to get rid of cheap.

See here: Clicky

Not sure if the other painted ones are galvanized underneath or not, but they are in great shape. All have J-valves, and the galvanized one that is peeling should be fairly easy to strip off the paint.

Shipping is not a big deal, but they will be shipped minus valves, and all of them need hydro.

Back
Top Bottom