WTB scubapro jet fins large

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yavox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I need 3 pairs of these, with large foot pocket (european drysuit boot size 44, I don't know the US numbering). They don't need to be new, the pre-owned ones in good condition are fine too. I cannot find any new in the shops here, because what we get here in Poland are fins made in Taiwan, which are quite flexible - I am looking for old good heavy black jets made of stiff rubber, which I cannot find in my country.

Adam

Anything between what I could spend on ebay ($40) to a higher, but still reasonable price :) I have two problems with the purchase. The first is, I prefer buying all 3 pairs (for me and my two friends) from the same place so I will keep searching until I find them all (or lose the hope, whatever happens first). The second - I need to make sure that what I have found is what I really needed, which is a hard thing to do via Internet, without the possibility of touching the fins, trying to bend them to verify how stiff they are - I have no idea how to verify the second issue yet.

Anything between what I could spend on ebay ($40) to a higher, but still reasonable price :) I have two problems with the purchase. The first is, I prefer buying all 3 pairs (for me and my two friends) from the same place so I will keep searching until I find them all (or lose the hope, whatever happens first). The second - I need to make sure that what I have found is what I really needed, which is a hard thing to do via Internet, without the possibility of touching the fins, trying to bend them to verify how stiff they are - I have no idea how to verify the second issue yet.

I have a pair of IDI fins and a pair of Aqualung Rockets. They are the same as my Jets. I bought a package from a guy and he had two sets of fins that I didn't need.

You might try having the seller post a video on Youtube so you can see how stiff the fins are. That doesn't let you touch them before you buy but it doesn't sound like that i going to be possible.

I just looked last night and they are actually size X-Large. Sorry if that doesn't work.

You might try having the seller post a video on Youtube so you can see how stiff the fins are. That doesn't let you touch them before you buy but it doesn't sound like that i going to be possible.

Yeah. Another possibility is a Skype video call with some testing or placing some weight at the end of the fin to observe how much it bends and compare it with known good piece of equipment at home.

I just looked last night and they are actually size X-Large. Sorry if that doesn't work.

I guess it's even better :) Could you please post two photos of your fins?

One photo I need is very similar to the first picture in this thread - it's the view of the fin from left or right side. What I want to verify is that there is a small angle between the foot pocket and the blade (sorry of something I write is hard to understand, I don't use English too often and it's sometimes quite challenging to describe what I have in mind :) - by "small angle" I mean that the blade and the foot are not parallel).

The second photo I need is a photo of the foot pocket hole with some measuring tape showing how large the hole is vertically and horizontally (similar to the picture #4 in that thread).

Do you have any "Made in USA" (or something like this) text somewhere on the fin? I was told that those more stiff fins are made in US for US market and those available in my country are made in Taiwan - and these are the more flexible ones, which I want to avoid. So it looks I need the fins with something like this engraved.

Last edited:
Here are the pics.

They do have the angle after foot pocket. And do say made in usa.

I would like to get $50 plus shipping and handling. Sorry I didn't spit shine them for the pics :) And please excuse the laundry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360128157.351838.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360128169.725656.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360128185.406639.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360128198.713734.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360128211.339959.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360128226.046427.jpg

Ok. Tomorrow I will visit a friend who has, as it looks now, identical pair of fins. I will verify whether my drysuit boots fit well inside the foot pocket and if everything is ok and the dimensions of the pocket hole are the same I will PM you to arrange the payment and shipping details.

---------- Post added February 7th, 2013 at 03:24 PM ----------

Mission failed :(

The fins I have checked today appear to be the same as yours:

and are unfortunately a bit too small :(

My boots are "44 EU / 11 US" size and the last size of a boot of this type that works well with X-large jets is "43 EU / 10 US".

But... my friend wants those fins, so if there is nothing wrong with them (they are not damaged or broken in any way), I will take them for him :)

That was the good news. The bad news is I still don't have the fins :( Which size of Scubapro Jets is just one size larger that XL? I am a bit confused with the sizing, because as far as I remember, some years ago the only ones larger were really extremely bucket-huge and Scubapro has recently introduced new size larger than XL but smaller than those huge ones - but the numbering changed and now I don't know what is the name of the size I should be looking for - XXL? 2XL? 3XL??? Can anybody help?

Ok well PM me your shipping info and I will figure out a shipping cost for you.

In looking at the sizes currently available from scubapro they now offer a 2xl and 3xl not sure on the size difference as I have only dove my pair. But hope it helps you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom