WTB moisture munchers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well that really tick's me off! We went to the dive shop this weekend and bought some more moisture munchers...and low and behold they were BLUE! I'm a little shocked as well b/c the owner of our local shop is an avid photographer and he's the one who got me into photography in the first place. He wasn't there so I couldn't talk to him about it. I hope that he didn't knowingly sell me the PINK ones! Arghh...Thanks for the info!

One more thing... do you change your moisture munchers only when they start to turn pink, or after every dive?
Thanks...

I've been rotating 10 moisture munchers through two cameras for over a year. Probably each has been "recharged" 8-10 times and they still work fine. Dark blue at the start of the dive and slightly lavender at the end (they only get to pink after sitting out of the camera). Recently I have been taking a small bag of DampRid with me and throwing the lavender ones in it and in a day or two they are blue and can be reused, again.

I change mine out every time just before I close the case - normally after 2 dives, when I change the battery and SD Card.

Thank you for the damp-rid suggestion it has worked great. Do you know how many times you can keep doing it to the same ones?

When I go out of the country I take a few moisture munchers in a ziplock bag with a some damprid flakes. Immigration has never thought the flakes were drugs :rofl3:. The capsules stay nice & blue until needed. Sealife improved the packaging lately (No more ziplock bag with a staple through it) so when you initially buy them they should be blue.

I tell this trick to all my Sealife Camera customers. They save some money by recharging the capsules, they still buy additional moisture munchers, upgrades & cameras from me + I keep a loyal customer :D

Not sure how many times the capsules can be reused. That's like asking how many times you can recharge a rechargeable battery. You can do it until it doesn't work anymore :(

Hi There,

I have been following this posting. I was wondering when is the best time to put the capsules inside the housing....will you do it overnight? only few hours before diving?

I had lost great video due to foggy camera....but not more thanks for the advice !!!!

ps. I got my DampRid bucket and the capsules are already inside hopefuly they will turn blue before this weekened !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom