WTB Diaphragm for MR12 Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fossil_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Trying to find a diaphragm/s for my MR12 and MR12 III. It doesn't have to be OEM as long as it fits and works. If you don't have one but know where to find them please let me know. Thanks!

MR-12 ,If you mean the early small metal one (black label riveted on the purge button), a Mares Abyss one fits nicely.Any Mares dealer can get them.

Ths Mares dealers in my area won't sell me a diaphragm unless I bring in a Mares regulator for service. They act like the average diver is too stupid to install a diaphragm without professional assistance. When I tell them it's for an AMF/Voit MR12 they say it will kill me and then they try to sell me a new regulator. Typical dive $hop attitude.
If I could find the part number for the Abyss diaphragm I could probably order it from northeast scuba supply. Unfortunately Mares is not consumer friendly when it comes to diagrams and part number lists.
I may try ordering a generic diaphragm from Trident. They have two sizes. I'm going to measure my old one and hope they have a match that works.
The original diaphragm still works but it is stiff and makes an anoying crinkle noise. It looks like it is made from a rubber impregnated silk fabric. It looks nearly impossible to tear and would probably last forever if it wasn't for the rubber getting stiff.

The Mares part number is 46186029. By the way I used one of those for a number of years as my pool reg while DMing classes, love the little second stage. I now have it on my "tiny" reg, a Healthways Scubastar first stage, miflex hose, miniature SGP and the MR-12 second. It looks tiny beside a modern reg.

Check with Bryan at Vintage Double Hose:

Store - Vintage Double Hose

Voit/AMF MR-12s are simply one of the greatest single hose regulators ever made!

Last edited:
I tried VDH but they are out of stock and recommended Trident. Most other places that have the Abyss diaphragm either won't ship to the US or won't sell to the general public. I can still try the generic 69mm from Trident if I can find a dealer that will order it for me.
My other option is Scubaland in the UK. I ordered two Abyss diaphragms from them a while back when they showed on the website that they had three in inventory. I waited over a month for them to arrive but they never did. When I contacted the company they told me they only had one in stock at the time and were waiting to get more in stock to fill my order. It would have been nice if they could have told me that from the start instead of leaving me hanging. Needless to say I gave up on them and had them refund my money. A couple weeks later they emailed me to let me know they were back in stock but I had already lost faith in that company and didn't purchase them. I would hate to do business with them again but I may have no other option. For now they are out of stock but the website says they will be back in stock soon. The way they run their business it wouldn't surprise me if they are sitting on a case of them and just haven't got around to updating the inventory count on their website.

Thanks for the part number Herman! I will contact northeast scuba supply and hopefully they can hook me up.

I got a reply back from Scubaland today. They have two in stock even though the website says they are out of stock. I thought great! But when I tried to register on the webpage it would glitch every time I clicked on 'submit' and send me back to a blank registration page. It appears to actually be a French company. I'm not xenophobic but that may explain a lot.

I found one. Thanks H!

Back
Top Bottom