WTB: A Working UWATEC Memo Mouse for 1990's Dive computers (Aladin Pro Ultra...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend and I have discussed how easy it would be to back-analyze the signals on a memo mouse, and build a USB equivalent.

Does anyone have one they want to sell? For not too many body parts, please.

Yowza! $78 is too expensive . . . Uwatec Memo Mouse Datatrak | eBay

No, but I have the computer that connects to one that I have not used in years and would love to sell. Anyone make an offer?

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

It's been done. Here's how to build one.

Aladin-Interface
Do-it-yourself data interfaces for the Uwatec/Scubapro Aladin dive computer

There's even a video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFU8cHu723w

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do-it-yourself-diy/118722-looking-interface-uwatec-computer.html

Given the age of the computer they're probably all serial interfaces though. So you might need a PC with a serial card.

I might even still have one laying around - I bought one off a guy here some years ago. About a month later my battery failed at 45% so I switched computer brands. Neat little thing, he built the entire interface into a serial connector housing with only a small cable to plug into the Alladin.

Let me know if you want it, I might have it somewhere. Although I've moved since then and don't recall seeing it since.

:(

Darn, I've lost my google-foo. Thanks, guys!

---------- Post added October 24th, 2015 at 12:17 PM ----------

I might even still have one laying around - I bought one off a guy here some years ago. About a month later my battery failed at 45% so I switched computer brands. Neat little thing, he built the entire interface into a serial connector housing with only a small cable to plug into the Aladdin.

No need for serial connector, there are serial to USB interfaces.

The batteries in the old computers die of age, so you have to track not only the battery report, but is the battery older than seven years?

I might even still have one laying around - I bought one off a guy here some years ago.
Just stumbled on my dead computer in the closet - and remembered I sent the interface to someone else after my battery died.

Computer is about 12 but the battery didn't last 7 years. I think it died around 2006.

Reactions: Jax
Just stumbled on my dead computer in the closet - and remembered I sent the interface to someone else after my battery died.

Computer is about 12 but the battery didn't last 7 years. I think it died around 2006.
pop it on ebay. you might get $50 to $100 even with a dead battery.

Do you have the paperwork? See if you have a "Batteries for life" card. :)

So has anyone actually done this? I don't really want to tinker with wiring, but I still have an Aladin Pro that I use, and I would love to save my dives to my computer through USB to my Windows 7 computer with USB (and of course without an RS232).
I'd like to know what RS232 to USB have you used, and if you managed to run the applications on a PC under windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom