WTB: 25 lb wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you looking for a particular brand, shape? Does it need to be exactly 25lbs of lift? What type of tanks/weights/exposure will you be using?

Im looking for something like the apeks that's a doughnut shape and very small and streamlined. I beleive theirs is a 30 lb but something between 25-30

the apeks is $370 everywhere ive seen. diverite is too wide and i dont like how the middle is just a cross brace it flops around alot

The Dive Rite travel wing is actually a very nice size, but it has to have the cross hatch to work with the Transpac that it was designed for. To use it with a hard backplate you can either bolt it down with sex bolts, or use an STA. Either works well for keeping the wing from moving.

Either way it sounds like you want one of these

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=104

The Dive Rite single tank wings aren't too bad for most with respect to use on a backplate with the cross webbing. Like Tbone said they need to be coupled with sex bolts or an STA. Have you tried the Dive Rite wing? I'm always interested in feedback from divers on their impressions.

Aaron, tell Mike he has to be a DSS dealer, would make things easier... Actually, drop Genesis or Zeagle or someone and pick up DSS and Shearwater..... be much more useful for this stuff

ok I have a SS backplate and STA along with a diverite voyager wing currently. I found a 30lb wing for $130.00 from dixie divers that i think I'm going to try. it's very low profile and the price seems great

what's wrong with the voyager wing? If it's too big for you, you can probably trade around for someone with a smaller wing, but you're realy splitting hairs with it, it's a perfectly good wing for most diving

Back
Top Bottom