Wristbands in Blue Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toddthecat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey everyone! Quick question. The shop took a group of students to BH on Jan 25/26. I took a group down for their deep dive and found two (on opposite ends of the hole) silicone wristbands. They are pink and say "In Loving Memory Our Precious Angel Zoey". After finding the first one I figured someone may have lost it. After finding another identical one it started to get us thinking about why they were there and who (or what) Zoey was. Does anyone happen to know?

They were in the silt and it seemed sort of sad, as opposed to being placed somewhere they wouldn't disappear like the large iron cross we placed in the hole last year. Myself and the manager of retail are now wearing them as a tribute until we figure out the story behind them. We'll probably place them back in the hole on our next trip.

Thanks for any info...

(Also, weather conditions were not too bad. Sunny of Friday and in the 60s. High 50s on Saturday but heavy overcast. When we left Sunday morning the wind was pretty bad as it usually is. Not too busy, just a few shops. Three night diving groups which was uncharacteristically busy.)

Hey everyone! Quick question. The shop took a group of students to BH on Jan 25/26. I took a group down for their deep dive and found two (on opposite ends of the hole) silicone wristbands. They are pink and say "In Loving Memory Our Precious Angel Zoey". After finding the first one I figured someone may have lost it. After finding another identical one it started to get us thinking about why they were there and who (or what) Zoey was. Does anyone happen to know?

They were in the silt and it seemed sort of sad, as opposed to being placed somewhere they wouldn't disappear like the large iron cross we placed in the hole last year. Myself and the manager of retail are now wearing them as a tribute until we figure out the story behind them. We'll probably place them back in the hole on our next trip.

Thanks for any info...

(Also, weather conditions were not too bad. Sunny of Friday and in the 60s. High 50s on Saturday but heavy overcast. When we left Sunday morning the wind was pretty bad as it usually is. Not too busy, just a few shops. Three night diving groups which was uncharacteristically busy.)

Is this the large iron cross? I took this in Sep.

185152_527840310564762_1486828124_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom