Wrist slates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Anyone know who markets and sells pre-made curved wrist slates?

You can take a look at Dive Rite or Aqua Explorer's web sites. You can also go you Jim Cobb's Tri-mix web site and go to his link page and look at Mike Zurhl's wrist Slate idea.

Another idea is to go to Home Depot and get some PVC Pipe and melt it to fit your arm.

Eric

I make and sell curved wrist slates. 4 or 5 inches long in either 1/2 or 1/3 of 3 inch diameter material. The key is wrist diameter (with wet suit) just above your watch and 4 or 5 inches farther back. I provide different length bands depending on your arm size. One size does not fit all. They are thicker than normal slates, so less likely to break.

$10 for 4" 1/3
$12 for 5" 1/3
$15 for 4" or 5" 1/2

You pay shipping.

Originally posted by Walter
I make and sell curved wrist slates. 4 or 5 inches long in either 1/2 or 1/3 of 3 inch diameter material. The key is wrist diameter (with wet suit) just above your watch and 4 or 5 inches farther back. I provide different length bands depending on your arm size. One size does not fit all. They are thicker than normal slates, so less likely to break.

I've seen Walter's slates, I agree with him, they're built solid and very unlikely to break.

Curved slates are (to borrow Ms Stewart's phrase) "a good thing" - one less thing to dangle from you as you dive.

You know those vertical window blinds that have slightly curved panels about 2-3” wide? The ones that typically pivot and can be drawn to one side to completely open the window? Turns out that they have a nice textured writing surface. I have a friend that stumbled upon some white ones that were being thrown away, so he swiped ‘em, cut them to length and used a paper punch (I think) to put holes along the edge for bungee, and now he has a 7 lifetime supply of wrist slates.

Roak

I used to use them. Have gone to the Wet notes. I keep them in my DS pocket clipped to a double ender. Only needed to look at them when I was ready to start my deco anyway. Just another idea.

Eric

I have a tripple wrist slate from Aqua Explorers. It has three writting surfaces bungied together to give you more room to write. It also has slots at one end to attach your wrist mounted computer or compass. I don't see this slate listed on their web page but I bought it from them at Beneath the Sea so you might want to call them if you are interested.

Ty

I use one from Dive Rite that has 2 'pages' that you can flip up. This is handy for keeping any permanent info you may need, such as compass headings to the local trash in our ponds! It's about 5" long. I altered it a bit because the small bungie cords cut into my arm. I lengthened the holes with a Dremel tool and added 2 velcro straps.

Walter's right, one size doesn't fit all. The end near my watch is a bit too big but the velcro straps do the trick.

My LDS carries curved wrist slates but can not remember name. (sorry) I took one look at them and thought "no not for me, need a real slate. (I'm a rookie diver by the way and am learning slowly) I ended up buying a regular one piece note pad style slate that clips onto the BC. Used it for 4 dives in Jamaica and by the end hated it. It sucks having that crap dangling all over the front of the bc. I remember thinking during the last couple dives, "gee I wich i had bought that curved 3 layer wrist slate". Live and learn. I will post the name brand after I go and pick one up!!!! Doh!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom