Wrist slate with computer mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tamorgen

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if there is a wrist slate available in the US that integrates a computer console mount? I have found one in the UK made by Lumb Bros, but I imagine shipping would be prohibative to the US.

Lumb Bros wrist slate

tamorgen:
Can anybody tell me if there is a wrist slate available in the US that integrates a computer console mount? I have found one in the UK made by Lumb Bros, but I imagine shipping would be prohibative to the US.

Lumb Bros wrist slate
PM hyper-limits he made mine. He's in Canada but shipping should be minimal.

That is really need and IMHO would be a much better way to go than trying to manage a regular slate.

I wonder if you could design a similar one with a certain diameter pvc pipe cut in half to a third, cut holes to run bungee type cord through and soem way of holding the pencil and then just slide it up your arm.

Wow a new project to try!!!

Jeff

StSomewhere:
Wouldn't it be better to put a wrist slate and your computer on different arms?
Not really. I find that having both a wrist slate and a dive computer seperate on one arm is a pain in the butt, however, I have dove with divers who have them integrated, and the computer helps keep the slate on. I've had significant problems with some of the off the shelp models, where my suit compresses with depth, and the velcro doesn't tighten, and the slate descides it want's to join all the other lost dive crap at the bottom of the ocean. Removing velcro and adding bungie cord instead helps immensly, however, I think the integratted slate would work out much better for my purposes.

StSomewhere:
Wouldn't it be better to put a wrist slate and your computer on different arms?
I guess if you are ambidexterous that would be OK but I can't write with my left hand and I like my computer where I can use my right hand to push the buttons

wedivebc:
I guess if you are ambidexterous that would be OK but I can't write with my left hand and I like my computer where I can use my right hand to push the buttons

I would have to agree with that as well.

Makes sense to me - about the button pushing hand and the writing hand typically being the same preferred hand for most folks. I learned a new lesson in personal pre-dive planning on my last trip though. I was checking my new, backlit, TUSA IQ-700 aagainst my veteran non-backlit Dive Rite NiTek3 on a night dive. I'm right handed and so had the TUSA on my left wrist, NiTek3 on my right wrist, and dive light in my right hand. Worked well until the first time I needed to charge the NiTek3 phosphorescent display with my dive light.

I reversed wrists the next night dive. Muuuuch better!

I was thinking of having my wife who's handy with power tools, and has patience and finesse I lack, modify our wrist slates similarly, but it would be great if there was some sort of template rather than re-inventing and trial and error chewing up a few slates in the process. Anyone have one they'd be willing to post either here or the DIY forum?

Using a Dive Rite cinch strap, the whole velcro thing would be a non-issue at the computer end, and then use bungee cord at the non-computer end, would be a workable solution for our rigs.

Well that makes sense I guess. I didn't think of it that way.

As a righty wearing the compass and slate on my left arm, I can do mostly everything I need to do without moving the left arm except to futz with the air in my BC or check my SPG. It helps that my computer (Vytec) shows me everything I need to know on one screen without any button pushing.

Agree about the velcro compass straps, I'm going to get one of Tobin's Suunto compass mounts with bungee cord to see if that doesn't help.

Is the Vytec display continuously backlit for night diving? That's about the only time the 'futzing' was an issue for me, and only because I was doing the exactly 50% wrong thing by having the non-backlit computer and dive light lanyard on the same wrist. I'd been diving all day with the same setup with no problems. If I hadn't had the TUSA, the NiTek3 would have been on my left wrist anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom